Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 01:26 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,775,944 times

Advertisements

Well since this is mostly about bathroom habits, there is one guy I work with that texts with one hand the entire time he uses the bathroom. He walks on up to the urinal while texting with his left hand, unzips and, um, does his business with his right hand, flushes with his right hand, goes to the sink and washes and dries his right hand only, then leaves, never putting down the phone the entire time. I've never seen him NOT texting, in fact. Weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 07:36 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,350,826 times
The owner of a company I once worked for had his office facing the parkling lot. He not only questioned EVERYTHING that came to the company via U.S. mail, Fed Ex, etc., he had to SEE IT. This also included flowers. If a flower arrangement was delivered for an employee, he wanted to know who it was for, who sent it, and what the occasion was. He did not like employees receiving flower arrangements at work.

He had to be given every piece of mail to inspect, no matter who it was addressed to. Ditto any packages. I often signed for Fed Ex packages, only to be confronted by irate employees who never received them. The big boss had them, of course. He didn't like employees having birthday cakes in the store room or breakroom either. Once one of the sales manager got a visit from his wife and kids on his birthday (they brought him a cake). This same sales manager was made to come in to work the day after he had hernia surgery, and on the day of his wife's hysterectomy surgery. He was let go a short time later.

Office lottery pools were also forbidden - he threatened to fire anyone participating.

A VP at this same company would flatulate loudly in front of anyone present (including women). Once we were in the storeroom and he was handing me circulars he wanted inserted in the bills to be mailed. He passed gas very LONG and LOUDLY - it vibrated down his pantleg. (I literally looked down to see if anything puddled around his shoe). He just went on giving me instructions as if nothing had happened. He wasn't my direct boss - the employees in his department said he did that sort of thing all the time.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 11-22-2013 at 07:46 AM..

Old 11-22-2013, 01:04 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
One lady kept food in one of the cabinets in her cubicle. I guess it was opened and not wrapped properly.

One day a co-worker told me to discreetly walk by the lady's desk and look near the food cabinet.

There were 2 large cockroaches hanging out on the outside of the cabinet. Just slowly moving about. The lady was at her desk and didn't even see them.

------------------

Had a co-worker get very frustrated with one of his computer applications. Not even sure what was going on. But he got up, ripped the keyboard away from the computer and threw the keyboard into his desk trash can. The trash can was very small so the keyboard was sticking way out. The guy stormed out of the office and didn't come back until the next morning.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:12 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheektowaga_Chester View Post
I do (did) that all the time. I can access the Conference Rooms' schedule in Outlook or Lotus Notes. If I see a meeting scheduled from 12-1 I KNOW food will be served. I will head there about 1:05 and scarf the leftovers for lunch. It isn't weird. It's smart.
Well if it's just for yourself to grab something to eat, okay. But to grab EVERYTHING and put it in bags to take home for your family so nobody else in the office can have any of the leftovers is just selfish and pathologically cheap IMO.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 495neighbor View Post
I had a co-worker who doggy bagged the buffet table before the company party was over.
Some people have no shame! They should be nominate for that new show called "Ultimate Cheapskates."

Old 11-22-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Many many years ago I was secretary to a copywriter at a large pharmaceutical company. He was an odd little frumpy, middle aged man who lived with his mother. On the first day when I greeted him with a pleasant, "Good Morning" he responded with, "It's never a good morning. The day you're born it's all downhill from there." So I learned not to greet him but just walked in and did my job.

Anyway, my filing duties led me to discover a bottom file drawer crammed with articles from medical journals focusing solely on men who had suffered serious injuries while inserting foreign articles into their anuses. Two which I remember to this day were (a) the man who had to undergo surgery to remove a shattered light bulb from his rectum. In dry medical terminology it was explained that he had apparently inserted said lightbulb to relieve his itching hemorrhoids ... In case (b) the surgery involved removing a well-known brand antacid bottle. The patient said he got out of the bathtub, slipped and fell and that the bottle which had been on the bathroom floor jammed up into his orifice. There were scores of similar articles.

I soon found another job.
Creepiest story of the day! +5!

Old 11-22-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Almost forgot...the trash filled mustang. Had a coworker that had a mustang, filled to the top (literally) with fast food trash. he had a space open in the drivers seat.....

He got pulled over one time, and the cops called in all the other cops to look at it.

We used to give tours of it to coworkers from other work sites who had heard of it

Let see..

Engineer who would take his lunch with him and eat at the local fast food joint. just ordering a drink.

Theres sooo many. Engineers are weird.

*note I am an engineer
Funniest story of the day! +5!

I would take that tour! LMAO!

Old 11-22-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
When I'm traveling on business, I notice that a lot of the upscale hotels have a phone in the bathroom on the wall next to the throne. I always wonder, "Who would actually USE this?" Now I know.
You beat me to it. I was going to post this! I especially notice it in Vegas and Atlantic City.

Old 11-22-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
When I was in college, I worked at a hotel as a front desk clerk. I generally worked evenings and would be relieved by a guy that was called the "night auditor". He was pretty much just a front desk clerk that worked overnights and had to reconcile the days ledger.

Anyway, being the night auditor was this guy's second job. His first job was working at Wendy's during the afternoon and evening. He would come to the hotel directly from Wendy's. He also lived in his car. He had previously lived in his brother's house until he was kicked out for hitting on his underage niece. Needless to say, he didn't shower as regularly as most people. He would come to work smelling like a cross between horrible BO and fry/burger grease.

He also would sit in the back office when it was quiet and pop the many pustules that grew on his leg (I assume from not bathing enough - never asked). Every once in a while you would find dried up pus on the chair or desk from where he has popped his pustule and never bothered to clean up his creation. He also used to pick off the dead skin from his feet and leave it around the office.
Most disgusting coworker story of the day! +5!

Old 11-22-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugatu View Post
Well since this is mostly about bathroom habits, there is one guy I work with that texts with one hand the entire time he uses the bathroom. He walks on up to the urinal while texting with his left hand, unzips and, um, does his business with his right hand, flushes with his right hand, goes to the sink and washes and dries his right hand only, then leaves, never putting down the phone the entire time. I've never seen him NOT texting, in fact. Weird.
Most talented coworker story of the day! +5!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment