Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 11:13 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,612,024 times

Advertisements

If I had the math skillset: chemical engineering, entheobiologist or pharmacologist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 11:22 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesfella View Post
Being a rock star.

or a writer

That's very easily achievable.

I don't see how apart from winning the lottery or being qualified to receive welfare/disability. Unfortunately I don't have the aptitude for STEM nor the social skills/personality to make it in business so I will probably be working this $9 an hour job until the grave, or my body gives out and end up disabled.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:10 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
What would be your dream occupation? Something you would get up in the morning and absolutely love to do, regardless of pay or acclaim or anything else?
My dream occupation is being the man, the myth, the legend known as "The Stig."

Last edited by Creature of the Wheel; 12-23-2013 at 02:22 PM..

Old 12-23-2013, 01:43 PM

659 posts, read 940,658 times
My ultimate dream job is to be a veterinarian at a wildlife sanctuary. But we all know how difficult it is to get that job Especially since sanctuaries (most of them) are relied on public and government funds.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:22 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,016,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
My dream occupation is being the man, the myth, the legend known as "The Stig."
The stig is the man.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:49 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Happy to say I'm already in my dream profession (librarian).

I am also a classical musician on the side, and I do love that too - but I considered making it a career, and quickly realized that would kill the "magic." Not to mention, the life of a professional classical musician isn't exactly a lucrative or reliable one. So I found a career that IS steady and somewhat lucrative, which I still enjoy immensely. I know very few people understand what a professional librarian actually does, in fact most don't even realize the strict educational requirements... but trust me, it's extremely rewarding and fun! Can't complain.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:04 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,414,912 times
If I May, thank you

Like Gizmo, I am very happy and really love my job, I am doing what I do best, security and public safety at the Marriott International Resorts, They have breakfast waiting for us and lunch from a five star menu because the management feels a happy employee is a productive employee, go figure? lol. The place is very beautiful and lovely working environment, they have great music playing through the pipeline, very smart guest being booked all year around, ( Princeton, NJ) and our security teams work hand in hand with other security teams provide by our guest and dignitaries that always keeps things interesting. The best gig I've ever worked, which includes retiring from the Govt and the military. The best gig ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment