Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 08:17 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times

Advertisements

I swear I am in HS all over again! What is with adults that they cannot come to your face and tell you if they have an issue. I have been at my current job a bit over a year, and this woman has been trying to sabotage me, very strange. I work virtually so we barely interact.

1. Last year we were asked to email out invitations to our clients inviting them to a conference. The invitations were already sent twice to most clients by other people via email, so I chose to only invite the clients that had not yet received two invitations.

The following week the woman calls my boss to complain I didn't do my job. Thank God I have a boss who backs me up. I had discussed it with my boss already, and she agreed with my decision.

2. Last month we were asked to email our clients and ask if they could assist with speaking engagements. I send it out to EVERY client this time (as to not get on the woman's bad side). I get a phone call where she gets very angry that I sent out invitations. Next thing I know they are asking us to AGAIN reach out to our clients, we need more speakers. I tell my boss what had happened. So she talks to the woman again.

3. This week I sent over information asking her to put together a marketing piece (per my boss). She emails me back saying what I sent her is horrible, we don't use that information and she can't do anything with it. This part is my bread and butter (we get bonus if we get something like this done). I forward the email to my boss and say WTF? Seriously every time I do something she is trying to throw me under the bus.

Most bizarre behavior. Anywho just needed to rant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 05:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Is this a peer? I would confront this woman directly by asking her what she thinks she is doing.

You know, I worked at home for five years straight and off and on before that. I thought I would actually enjoy (HA) getting back into an office environment. Instead, I find the juvenile BS that you just described.

Ugh, Ugh, Ugh.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:39 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
I was a bus driver in Seattle, Washington. One of my co-workers, who was high as a kite.....caused an accident with me. The accident was totally his fault, he got slightly injured. Well, I ended up getting blamed for the accident......got a preventable-accident on my record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment