Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2023, 05:13 AM

32 posts, read 18,064 times

Advertisements

Hi I work as a sign holder and it’s a laid back slow paced job which is good because I’m good at that job and we don’t have quotas. Also sign holder jobs don’t discriminate because they will hire anyone including people with mental health issues or felonies and low iq as well. I currently work as a sign holder and I’m great at my job and have one year 20 months experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2023, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Not surprised. Now they demand they be more active. After all, the customer who is contracting them expects them to help drive customers in...

There's a couple of wavers by Jantzen Beach (Border of Oregon/Washington) and these guys are waving for a sleep store and basically "Spin" the sign every 5-9 seconds and wave at nearly every car....I feel bad for them, depending on the generosity of the bars nearby, they either will have a place to hit the can, or.......
At my sign holder job you need to wave the sign and you can walk back and fourth with the sign too. Mine is a square shaped sign.

Old 02-07-2023, 06:56 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,880 times
Lets say I needed some extra income.

If I could get a sign holder job where you could wear a full costume, I would go absolutely insanely wild. Do some really crazy stuff. Do the chicken, flap my arms, wave my hiney at the cars. Squat down and do that silly dance where your knees are bent and cross your hands back and forth. Just be as uncouth as humanly possible.

That would be a blast and I would certainly do this.

Old 02-07-2023, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post

If I could get a sign holder job where you could wear a full costume, I would go absolutely insanely wild. Do some really crazy stuff. Do the chicken, flap my arms, wave my hiney at the cars. Squat down and do that silly dance where your knees are bent and cross your hands back and forth. Just be as uncouth as humanly possible.

I try to dance in my sign holder job and bob my head. I’m not required to wear a costume though. I did had another sign holder job that was temp wearing a costume where I did some dance.

Old 02-08-2023, 05:54 AM

I am very conservative at my job, fake a total personna there and sit quietly in our Bible Study class at church. I have a professional job that requires professional behavior. I go to the gym and do the health thing and shut up in life.

As long as my face was covered up, and no co workers or church folks happened to drive by I would go total insanity at that type of job and love every minute of it.

Used to do that type of thing in high school. Family was strict, father was extremely conservative and I let loose when he wasn't looking. Would have the time of my life doing "my thing." Always made sure it was morally right but totally crazy.

Old 02-08-2023, 12:16 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,369,560 times
Quote:

You don't have to do the costume/sign job, I'll gladly pay to watch you do this over Zoom!

Old 02-08-2023, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
You don't have to do the costume/sign job, I'll gladly pay to watch you do this over Zoom!
LOL! You would be the only viewer! ZOOM is too tame to go crazy. Gotta take it to the streets.

Maybe you could join me sometime when we are retired. I will move to FLA and we can hit the streets outside of the nursing home or retirement villa. No costumes even! Won't need them then.

Old 02-09-2023, 08:14 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,369,560 times
Quote:
LOL! You would be the only viewer! ZOOM is too tame to go crazy. Gotta take it to the streets.

Maybe you could join me sometime when we are retired. I will move to FLA and we can hit the streets outside of the nursing home or retirement villa. No costumes even! Won't need them then.
Deal!

Old 02-09-2023, 10:00 AM

Quote:
I am very conservative at my job, fake a total personna there and sit quietly in our Bible Study class at church. I have a professional job that requires professional behavior. I go to the gym and do the health thing and shut up in life.

As long as my face was covered up, and no co workers or church folks happened to drive by I would go total insanity at that type of job and love every minute of it.

Used to do that type of thing in high school. Family was strict, father was extremely conservative and I let loose when he wasn't looking. Would have the time of my life doing "my thing." Always made sure it was morally right but totally crazy.
True sign spinner jobs are slow paced because time goes by slow. I work as a sign holder all year round and I’m good at it. I’m expert on holding and waving the sign. I have one year 22 month experience working as a sign holder and get honks on car.

Old 02-09-2023, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Introvert View Post
True sign spinner jobs are slow paced because time goes by slow. I work as a sign holder all year round and I’m good at it. I’m expert on holding and waving the sign. I have one year 22 month experience working as a sign holder and get honks on car.
I don't know where you live, but you need to ramp up your game.

Florida is the universal state to retire in and you can join Florida2014 and me at our nursing home to get some lessons. We won't go for just honks but regular arrests. Got to keep the bodies moving and give the facility a reputation, I mean a good name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment