Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2014, 07:27 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,479,264 times

Advertisements

Again, I am annoyed with head headers and staffing companies. If I ever bother with them again, I'm adding this to the list of things to be cautious about (recap: they'll get my references after I had an interview with the hiring company; and just tell them "I've been interviewing. If you manage to find a company with a position, let me know, and I'll tell you if I've applied with them before"). Specifically, none of their business since they'll use this as more information for their own gains. If they want to know if they can pitch me, then give me a range of what THEY'RE paying.

For internal recruiters or HR of companies directly hiring, I do mention this since IIRC, this is one thing they can confirm anyways. Otherwise, for whatever good it'll do, you can skip that and tell them what you'd like to be making or what the range the position pays.

For online applications, I do include it if the field is required, but does it feel like entering in $0 as sort of a "N/A" option is an legit alternative?

Back to headhunter and staffing company applications, I'm leaving it blank. They've been pissing me off too long.

Any other scenarios I'm missing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment