Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 06:58 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daward View Post
Yes, should give feedback in mock interview.

However, i think, even feedback is given, the mock interview is still not a productive one..

They give every client the same question set , and only practiced the fixed 6 questions " Tell me about yourself " " Why should I hire you " " How you think of customer service " " How you solve conflict at work " " why you left your last job "

Ok, um, where is this (what country) and what is your first language? This is outside the U.S. I'm thinking, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 07:01 PM

149 posts, read 310,731 times
He also taught me this way to follow up interviews :

If interviewer doesn't make decision on spot when the interview was wrapped up, I could ask the interviewer :

1. what is your hiring process ?

2. how a day of position looks like ? would you give me a tour ?

3. how do you define best performance ? what do you expect from the position ?

Old 05-07-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ok, um, where is this (what country) and what is your first language? This is outside the U.S. I'm thinking, correct?
Yes, outside US..

Central Canada.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Yes, outside US..

Central Canada.
The provincial government , Human Resource and Employment Ministry, where the city located in, paid for that coach.

The local unit Province in Canada is similar to State in US

Old 05-07-2014, 07:04 PM

Not sure what to tell you. I'm guessing English isn't your first language based on your writing/sentence structure/syntax... which is fine, but makes communication difficult...

But in short, this person doesn't work for you. Really that's the end of it.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
He also taught me this way to follow up interviews :

If interviewer doesn't make decision on spot when the interview was wrapped up, I could ask the interviewer :

1. what is your hiring process ?

2. how a day of position looks like ? would you give me a tour ?

3. how do you define best performance ? what do you expect from the position ?

One day in a job interview, I did according to the " instruction " when the interviewer didn't make decision yet but the interview was over..

The interviewer's response to the question " what is your hiring process " was " we look at resume and call possible candidates for interview, you already went through "

The interviewer's response to the question " how a day of position looks like ? would you give me a tour ?" was " No, I cannot do that. After i hire you, i will show you around "

Plus, I think the question " how a day of position looks like " was completely crazy, seeming like not even knowing the job.. if i even don't know what does the position do in a typical business day, why i apply for the position

Old 05-07-2014, 07:13 PM

Is this the case of incompetent coach ?

Old 05-07-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Is this the case of incompetent coach ?
Dude

What part of he doesn't work for you did not sink in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment