Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 08:46 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,839,060 times

Advertisements

The backlash is valid & should continue. There are a LOT of fraudlent practices going on through consultant companies who sponsor H1B workers by editing candidates' resumes to include false work experiences & references. These workers are then sent to companies to work on contract basis for few months to 2-3yrs to get experience. Most of them are in IT industry. The H1 visa is filed through the consultant companies & all the benefits are through the staffing firm so the companies where the candidate is placed doesn't have to give any benefits. In return the candidate gives almost a thrid of their salary to the consulting agencies to maintain their visa & benefits. The candidates dont deserve these jobs as they obtained it under false pretences & they should be investigated along with the staffing agencies. If companies stopped hiring from these agencies then they will be forced to start training programs like internships to train people right out of school/college. They completely rely on the staffing agencies to do background search on the candidate so they are not aware of the false work experience. Most of these agencies are run by immigrants. The American people are losing high paying jobs in the range of $100k+. Its all about money as the labor is cheap & no need to give benefits so it works out best for everyone.

Read this & sign petition:
Make an investigation on staffing companies (ICC) which may abuse the H1B filing | Petition2Congress
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 09:05 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,854 times
I will bet all you guys didn't say a word when all us blue collars were losing our jobs for decades to illegals. Now that you all are feeling the invasion to do "jobs Americans just don't want to do". How does it feel. HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Old 07-09-2014, 09:43 AM

322 posts, read 384,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
I will bet all you guys didn't say a word when all us blue collars were losing our jobs for decades to illegals. Now that you all are feeling the invasion to do "jobs Americans just don't want to do". How does it feel. HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
That is a pretty sick and awful post. I would never wish job loss on anyone, including my enemies. And for the record, I for one am against any job loss to illegals.

You are laughing about a pretty serious topic. We are talking about more than the loss of jobs, it's the loss of livelihoods and the ability to put food on the table and shelter over the head.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:55 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,071 times
The only way to break the chain from Indian management -> Indian recruiters -> H1B Indian workers is to reclaim the management jobs lost to Indians. As a 30 year IT consulting vet, I have seen many fellow consultants let go for lower paid Indian replacements with less skill and extremely bad communication skills. Also, H1Bs are not just working as programmers, analysts, administrators, etc. They are ingratiating themselves as recruiters and form relationships with Indian management. A lot of them work under false names to give the impression they are Americans. And without question, all of them gouge the Indian H1Bs who work thru them. $120 per hour from the client and $50 per hour to the H1B slave ...

I'm glad I'm at the end of my working career and don't have to deal with this crap anymore. But if I was 35-40 years old, highly qualified, and out of work, I'd consider changing careers.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:10 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Signed and e-mails sent to reps.

Quote:
A swing and a miss. I've been solidly anti-illegal immigration for many years.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:20 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
The backlash is valid & should continue. There are a LOT of fraudlent practices going on through consultant companies who sponsor H1B workers by editing candidates' resumes to include false work experiences & references. These workers are then sent to companies to work on contract basis for few months to 2-3yrs to get experience. Most of them are in IT industry. The H1 visa is filed through the consultant companies & all the benefits are through the staffing firm so the companies where the candidate is placed doesn't have to give any benefits. In return the candidate gives almost a thrid of their salary to the consulting agencies to maintain their visa & benefits. The candidates dont deserve these jobs as they obtained it under false pretences & they should be investigated along with the staffing agencies. If companies stopped hiring from these agencies then they will be forced to start training programs like internships to train people right out of school/college. They completely rely on the staffing agencies to do background search on the candidate so they are not aware of the false work experience. Most of these agencies are run by immigrants. The American people are losing high paying jobs in the range of $100k+. Its all about money as the labor is cheap & no need to give benefits so it works out best for everyone.

Read this & sign petition:
Make an investigation on staffing companies (ICC) which may abuse the H1B filing | Petition2Congress
About 10 years ago at a big accounting firm, I was given the responsibility of interviewing candidates for SAP development positions. We had at least 5 occasions where the H1B resume looked awesome, the technical phone screen went great, but the face-to-face technical interview was a joke. It was common practice then and probably still is for H1Bs to have someone other than the applicant do the tech interview and hope that a face-to-face is not required.

On the flip side, I was interviewed technically about 7 years ago by a group of Indian consultants. They only asked one technical question - an obscure question on something that they would have had to look up themselves. Needless to say, I did not have the answer. End of interview - no more questions.

Last edited by Soup Not See; 07-09-2014 at 10:31 AM..

Old 07-09-2014, 10:45 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,271,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
About 10 years ago at a big accounting firm, I was given the responsibility of interviewing candidates for SAP development positions. We had at least 5 occasions where the H1B resume looked awesome, the technical phone screen went great, but the face-to-face technical interview was a joke. It was common practice then and probably still is for H1Bs to have someone other than the applicant do the tech interview and hope that a face-to-face is not required.

On the flip side, I was interviewed technically about 7 years ago by a group of Indian consultants. They only asked one technical question - an obscure question on something that they would have had to look up themselves. Needless to say, I did not have the answer. End of interview - no more questions.
THIS. They think if you have to look something up, you're weak; I think they use it as an excuse to eliminate non-Indian candidates. Meanwhile I see H1Bs on Google all the time. We all do it. Nobody knows everything.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:52 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,583,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsuengineer256 View Post
That is a pretty sick and awful post. I would never wish job loss on anyone, including my enemies. And for the record, I for one am against any job loss to illegals.

You are laughing about a pretty serious topic. We are talking about more than the loss of jobs, it's the loss of livelihoods and the ability to put food on the table and shelter over the head.

This has been going on for DECADES. The white collars have been silent, welcome to OPEN BORDERS!

Old 07-09-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
This is how white collar jobs create blue collar jobs....

Housing: Immigrants are uncertain about their future in this country because getting citizenship takes a very very long time so they invest in properties in their home country, just in case they loose a job & have to leave. So your construction jobs are affected, so is the appliance industry & anything associated with buying a house in usa. A white collar US citizen will invest in a house typically in their late 20s or early 30s.

Imports: A lot of foods are imported because immigrants want a taste of their culture. Spices like cloves, cardamom, etc. & a lot of food types are imported from their native countries & become a staple. A white collar US citizen will mostly eat foods grown here as this is their home country. So you create more food manufacturing jobs, grocery stores.

Foreign exchange: Its very common in third world countries to support your aging parents so a lot of immigrants send money home. If it was an American supporting their parents living here they would pay the retirement homes or directly to their parents. So the money stays inside US & helps improve economy.

I could go on but you get the idea. Sorry we didnt fight for you but we are fighting for your kids who might do white collar jobs. Blue or white, they are both connected to the system & we are trying to improve it. I am an immigrant too & i despise the people who cheat the system. Trying to improve this country, not creating a rift between blue & white.

Last edited by theluckygal; 07-09-2014 at 12:17 PM..

Old 07-09-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
The only way to break the chain from Indian management -> Indian recruiters -> H1B Indian workers is to reclaim the management jobs lost to Indians. As a 30 year IT consulting vet, I have seen many fellow consultants let go for lower paid Indian replacements with less skill and extremely bad communication skills. Also, H1Bs are not just working as programmers, analysts, administrators, etc. They are ingratiating themselves as recruiters and form relationships with Indian management. A lot of them work under false names to give the impression they are Americans. And without question, all of them gouge the Indian H1Bs who work thru them. $120 per hour from the client and $50 per hour to the H1B slave ...

I'm glad I'm at the end of my working career and don't have to deal with this crap anymore. But if I was 35-40 years old, highly qualified, and out of work, I'd consider changing careers.
You are absolutely right. I hope someone catches them quickly & sets an example. The students who come here on a student visa are given resumes soon after graduation that show 5-10yrs of experience inside USA. Since they lack the experience to do the job they call the consultants to help with their work who arranges with other experienced candidates to support new hires. So you have classified information being passed all over. Companies who hire through these consultancies are to be blamed as well because they dont run a background check through immigration services. They rely completely on the consultant to take care of benefits, references & background checks. I think they turn a blind eye because they are just concerned about getting the job done & dont care about lack of integrity. Make companies contact immigration services as a part of background check to get the visa status of the candidates. Thats enough to bust this racket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment