Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2014, 02:53 AM

308 posts, read 398,529 times

Advertisements

I've been looking around the net but can't find a good answer - so if you guys don't mind, I'd like your opinion. What kind of title would you use for someone who generates guidelines and procedures for producing and keeping records of non-technical documentation (government case documents, for instance) as well as the internal and external exchange of those documents, supervises and QCs the people who do the actual record keeping, provides technical support for end users of the electronic documentation system, and fields questions from external entities about the organizations' documents?

I'm looking through "wanted" ads by US employers but am having trouble finding something that resembles my current position (which isn't in the US, in case anyone wondered). Maybe it doesn't really exist there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 08:12 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,243,006 times
Here this would be in the records management department, which includes positions with titles such as:
Records Program Manager
Records Management Analyst
Records Management Assistant

Old 07-31-2014, 09:43 AM

Thanks, that's very helpful! Is it safe to assume that "manager" and "analyst" titles indicate a degree of independence and responsibility, while "assistant" is a junior position?

Old 07-31-2014, 09:56 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Archivist
Records Management Officer

Old 07-31-2014, 10:22 AM

15 posts, read 14,260 times
I worked with someone who had a similar sounding job and their title was Senior Records Analyst

Old 08-01-2014, 12:56 AM

I've looked at some positions using the title "archivist," they tend to deal with "dead" information that is given to them after a process is completed. I've been in a lot of meetings with senior health service directors explaining to them why they have to document their work continuously and in compliance with government regulations, as somehow it's not sufficient that the hospital's CEO told them they had to... I've also had arguments about documentation processes with the hospital's corporate lawyer (and won!).

I might be prejudiced but I don't see an archivist doing that

Quote:
their title was Senior Records Analyst
Thanks! That's useful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment