Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 08:00 PM

801 posts, read 1,104,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
What was the alleged discrimination? Were you alleging discrimination as the cause of your termination? Were your performance reviews good?

Why didn't you sue outright? The EEOC doesn't handle individual lawsuits.
It doesn't matter if the PO's performance evaluations were good. The EEOC, which I have strongly criticized before, couldn't care less. There is nothing rational about their phony investigations. They operate on a model that totally ignores that modern day discrimination uses bullying as the principle operator.

The OP cannot sue outright. The Feds rigged the system so that the victim has to go through the phony agency to get a Right To Sue letter first - after they have kicked the victims backside with their reckless policy manual "investigations". Yes, they do handle individual lawsuits, but those are not sexy so they like to go after those mega class action suits.

Moreover, they have a preference for certain types of discrimination. If you're black - you're jacked. They LIKE gender related cases, age, and disability complaints. They also LIKE (just like social media) age discrimination complaints - for leisure purposes. There gets to be a point, in the court system, when anyone is old enough to be black. Too bad old people, even the supreme court wants your cases to be hard to prove. -And for anyone naive enough to go to court with your little RTS missive, a judge will most likely put a stop to your folly before you ever have a chance before a jury (via a summary judgement).

Also, long ago, when the protected classes were established, a very cunning conservative threw women in with blacks to dilute the focus of litigious action downstream. Brilliant move!

And finally, you will face retaliation, largely due to the fact the the EEOC might as well be aiding and abetting your employer with their reckless dismissal of your complaint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 02:49 AM

1 posts, read 726 times
Im not sure who is here to help the working man anymore. got hurt at work about 3 years ago my employer was treating me horrible I was isolated and was written up many times for this and that. I grew tired of this and filed a charge with eeoc. as soon as my company was notified of my charge I was demoted to a **** position of grinding all day long. I kept the faith that eeoc would do there job and after 11 long months of grinding I developed carpal tunel. I was terminated because I could no longer do that job. I called eeoc and was demanding they do SOMETHING. the lady had the nerve to be mad at me for insisting they do there job after more than a year of nothing. well I got my rite to sue letter yesterday eeoc did not help me at all they didn't look at the case only the employers response. I feel I waisted my time big money always wins these days. the little man should just shut his mouth and take whatever his boss throws at him. everything our fathers and grandfathers fought to get in the old days are now gone again who will help us now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment