Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 11:34 AM

130 posts, read 297,467 times

Advertisements

Someone once farted pretty loudly during one of our conference calls. It was hard to keep a straight face for the rest of the call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 11:57 AM

406 posts, read 559,507 times
I've always been half tempted to flush a toilet during one of the major conference calls... I've held on to my professional side thus far.

Most of the calls I'm on where I hear this kind of stuff involve 30+ people. However, I've also been on "all hands" meetings company wide with 60,000+ people... Usually when there are more than 50 people, the operator controls when everyone else is muted or not.

There was once instance, back when I was working for an Internet Service Provider doing tech support in high school. A customer called in and was angry about something and told me that he'd like to "cancel his prescription." Immature as I was at the time, I stood up, and shouted across the cube wall to my supervisor that this guy wants to cancel his PRESCRIPTION.

The group thought it was hilarious. I did as well until I looked down at the phone and noticed the phone was unmuted. Felt like I was kicked in the gut. I got back on the phone and hear, "I'm still here..." To be honest, I think the whole thing went over his head. That was a close one.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:03 PM

1,007 posts, read 1,126,017 times
I was on a call this morning and we were just getting ready to start. I was unmuted because I wanted to introduce one of the doctors to the other team. My Siamese picks that moment to get right in my face and MEOW. No one said anything but I know they all heard it. It would have been super funny to me, except that our system shows who is speaking.

Last edited by Fiona13; 10-31-2014 at 04:12 PM..

Old 11-01-2014, 02:04 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,435,200 times
conference call systems are so like this.

at my current workplace, we use video conferencing for everything so no more phone numbers with access codes, etc. we know who's on and who's not on, etc. people also tend to sit in a quiet room as well so i haven't heard the normal stuff that i used to hear all the time...dogs barking and children crying.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:27 PM

804 posts, read 1,075,819 times
Recently we had a guy talking sexy to his wife on his cell phone while he didn't realize his desk phone wasn't on mute. Being how my manager is he made some pretty funny comments about it.

Although working IT support I have had an incident where I never trusted the mute button or hanging up the receiver again. I thought I hung up on this lady after helping her but the receiver got caught and didn't go all the way down. I was wearing a headset so I didn't notice. Well I was going on about how this ladys request was BS and how much of a big B she was. Lets just say I never talked like that again when the phone wasn't hung up properly. I didn't get in trouble but I NEVER did that again at work at any time.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:40 PM

7,925 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Could be worse, an online class I'm taking was supposed to have a teleconference call at 2pm today. Turns out the professor passed a gallstone last night and the assistant apparently forgot about it!

Yeah yeah dog ate my homework, passed a gallstone..same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment