Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:40 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,454,401 times

Advertisements

Cushy Jobs: Work Less, Earn More - AOL Find a Job
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 02:41 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,986,197 times
They might be boring, but many jobs in the public sector.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Thank you, Jammie! You made my Fri afternoon! Who woulda thunk I had a cushy job...?! Half of the jobs have no business under this title.

I'll tell you which is the cushiest job in the world - meteorologist! No responsibility, no consequences! You're wrong half of the time and you get paid all the same! Only that it takes education... not sure how pricey...

Old 01-04-2008, 03:03 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,728,065 times
I always thought librarian would be a cushy job. It's quiet and you can get away with reading and surfing the computer from time to time and you're out of the weather. I have no idea what they earn but it is a government (city/county ?) job, so the benefits are probably good.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
I always thought librarian would be a cushy job. It's quiet and you can get away with reading and surfing the computer from time to time and you're out of the weather. I have no idea what they earn but it is a government (city/county ?) job, so the benefits are probably good.
Bah... dragging heavy and dusty books around all day...

Old 01-05-2008, 08:51 PM

441 posts, read 2,109,528 times
The absolute cushiest jobs are actors, namely the celebrity crowd. They are adored, catered to, given mega dollars and consumer products and worshipped in America. They are grossly overpaid and overrated. I can't stand to watch game shows when they feature celebrities playing for charity. Everyone gets soooo excited when the celebrity wins $50,000 for their favorite charity. I say let the celebrity get out their big fat wallet and give $50,000 of their own dollars to charity and let the average-hardworking-joe win the game show money. After all, when you are paid $15 million for movie, what's a mere $50 grand? Everyone wants to give to celebrities, too. Remember when Ashton and Demi attended the appliance trade show looking for some kind of food processor (I think). Black & Decker did not make one, but they gave Ashton and Demi one of every product they did make. Why???? They can afford to buy Black & Decker... the entire company outright. Why not give me or you or your grandma one of everything? Why do people give to the rich and famous? Celebrity actors, now, that's a cushy job.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:31 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,750,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
It's generally a municipal job and a "non-neccesity" so in tough budget years, they are more likely to be hit with layoff than public works, parks maintenance, etc.

And on another forum I'm on there are a few librarians. Apparently, the "cushiness" of the job depends on the clientele. If it's an after school hangout for loud kids who don't read it's pretty frustrating.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:01 PM

1,072 posts, read 845,462 times
teen agers make every job look cushy.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:19 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHATTY CATHY View Post
teen agers make every job look cushy.
Most teenagers work pretty hard for their money. My teenage daughter works at Six Flags as a charactor but even that is hard when it is hot and you have stand around in a Road Runner costume all day in the heat but she does get 15 mins of break every hour, a number of free tickets to the park and- best of all- when they close Oct 30th she can draw unemployment for 12 weeks which she is doing now!

Old 01-07-2008, 11:05 AM

1,072 posts, read 845,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Most teenagers work pretty hard for their money. My teenage daughter works at Six Flags as a charactor but even that is hard when it is hot and you have stand around in a Road Runner costume all day in the heat but she does get 15 mins of break every hour, a number of free tickets to the park and- best of all- when they close Oct 30th she can draw unemployment for 12 weeks which she is doing now!
well said !
maybe it is because of their youth they make every job look cushy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment