Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 08:55 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times

Advertisements

Later I have to call this Marketing Firm company called STC Direct. Here is their Google site: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=stc+direct
And website: STC Direct | Sales and Marketing

I found the job listing on the "Work In Retail" site and it didn't give much information on pay rate or benefits. It just said it was a full time customer service job. They're all over Indeed. Would this kind of job pay a salary base or does it look like it would be commission only? It looks like it's a start up business and something where it's a lot of company bonding. It's opened 7 days a week and they are day hours. The hours are pretty good. M-F: 9am-5:30pm and then opened on the weekends until 2pm. I guess I'll ask questions about the positions they offer and the culture.

Edit: Though I did some more digging and it used to be called Lotus Business Solutions or they are together. Hmmm... it sounds like it's all commissioned base where I'd have to walk door to door or call people to sell products.

Last edited by jessxwrites89; 02-26-2015 at 09:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 02:12 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,794 times
Avoid those kind of "marketing firms."

Old 02-26-2015, 02:57 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times
Yeah, I got another offer from another one called NLD Group... it's on RipOff Reports. I'm saying no to both. HOWEVER, about 2 hours ago, a legitimate place called me. It's a medical billing company. Two of my old friends work there - it's a great start. The interview is next Thursday. I have my fingers crossed.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Good luck, Jess.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:36 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Yeah, I got another offer from another one called NLD Group... it's on RipOff Reports. I'm saying no to both. HOWEVER, about 2 hours ago, a legitimate place called me. It's a medical billing company. Two of my old friends work there - it's a great start. The interview is next Thursday. I have my fingers crossed.
Hope you get it!!

Old 02-26-2015, 11:56 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,772,311 times
Good luck on the job interview, Jess. I just despise misleading job ads that are just commissioned based selling only. Such crap wastes time (for those NOT interested in sales) and usually screams some sort of scam, at least to me anyway when, I had applied to lots of entry-level jobs years ago.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:15 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I went on interview for one of these many moons ago. It went from weird to weirder to bizarre as the "interview" went on. The interview was a few hours of shadowing someone else.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:37 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,884,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maus View Post
Good luck on the job interview, Jess. I just despise misleading job ads that are just commissioned based selling only. Such crap wastes time (for those NOT interested in sales) and usually screams some sort of scam, at least to me anyway when, I had applied to lots of entry-level jobs years ago.
I *am* interested in sales and I hate them too! Working in a sales department of an entity, making deals, and building customer trust over time is *not* equivalent to going door to door peddling security systems or hawking knives in Costco. The misleading/dishonest posts are so prevalent on sites like careerbuilder and monster that I don't even bother checking those pages anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment