Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 07:26 PM

609 posts, read 505,940 times

Advertisements

American workers (in one part of the country) have been watching for a long time how other American workers (in other parts of the country) have been shafted in the name of "profits". Workers were told, they are millionaires in waiting.
I used to work for a company that had massive buildings full of workers in RTP, NC. 15 years ago, when we went to work in the morning, the parking lot was full of cars at 8am in the morning. The building was full of some 15,000 people. Today, the parking lot is almost empty all day long. Buildings are standing empty. The company has been cutting benefits after benefits. First pension, then 401k and now even the severance packages have been cut. Education has been cut... etc. But, quarter after quarter, the company continues to make profits to the smile of shareholders.
I have always asked my senior bosses these questions: If workers jobs can be outsourced, why can't CEO/senior management jobs be outsourced too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 10:04 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
What did they tell you?

Old 01-12-2017, 08:04 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
American workers (in one part of the country) have been watching for a long time how other American workers (in other parts of the country) have been shafted in the name of "profits". Workers were told, they are millionaires in waiting.
I used to work for a company that had massive buildings full of workers in RTP, NC. 15 years ago, when we went to work in the morning, the parking lot was full of cars at 8am in the morning. The building was full of some 15,000 people. Today, the parking lot is almost empty all day long. Buildings are standing empty. The company has been cutting benefits after benefits. First pension, then 401k and now even the severance packages have been cut. Education has been cut... etc. But, quarter after quarter, the company continues to make profits to the smile of shareholders.
I have always asked my senior bosses these questions: If workers jobs can be outsourced, why can't CEO/senior management jobs be outsourced too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
What did they tell you?
I have asked that and/or similar questions of upper managers (meetings with CEO, President, and VPs)... The answer is usually anger.

At one company, one of the VPs who was a friend told me later that while they tried to give a PC answer in the meeting - immediately after, they met again with the goal of trying to figure out how to fire me.

My friend and another ranking officer reminded them that they asked me for my opinion. That was the purpose of the meeting... After a couple more years at that particular company I left because it had been made obvious that I was not going to advance any further there.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 01-12-2017 at 08:14 PM..

Old 01-12-2017, 08:17 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,915,241 times
i know this is a older thread, but i get daily emails and phone calls from people with thick accents. One had the balls to say his name was josh. I laugh so hard, i hung up on the guy. Just delete any emails that has any name that you cant pronounced and delete any VMs they leave if they do.. Not worth it unless you want to have some fun. send them bill gates resume and see how far it will get you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment