Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 01:03 PM

38 posts, read 45,563 times

Advertisements

So after working 5 months now at my current company making $15 an hour; I just got raised to $17 an hour because a friend of mine who I referred to working here 2 months after me found another better paying job with benefits (I was very jealous) because both of us went for an interview at the same company and she got an offer while I did not yet. However, $2 more raise made me happier.

She just told them today that she will leave, while I told my boss secretly on Thursday that she has told me she will leave but will tell you guys on Monday. It's a small firm so I feel comfortable speaking with them. Of course they are worried and scared if I will leave so they gave me a raise but first asked me what makes me happy to stay here. I said not sure you come up, then he said $17 an hour I said fine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 01:08 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
I don't think violating the confidence of a *friend* is worth $2 more an hour and I'll just leave it at that.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:17 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,278,103 times
You make $17/hr. with those horrible writing skills? I could barely read your post.

Anyway, I wouldn't be so happy - you basically revealed yourself to be of dubious moral character.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't think violating the confidence of a *friend* is worth $2 more an hour and I'll just leave it at that.
They still left it nice with her and understood her that she needed benefits and higher paying job. They will give her good review as well. I didn't say anything bad about her and said she liked all of you but told me just that she need better paying job with benefits. I never trash anyone. They will still give her good review they said and welcome her back in the future if so wanted.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:34 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
You're missing the point. It wasn't your news to tell.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:35 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,794 times
Cool story, bro.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
You're missing the point. It wasn't your news to tell.
I wanted to prepare them and also didn't want them to think I never knew anything because they know we're friends and talk. Didn't want them to think bad stuff about me either because I was the one who referred her and she left after only few months. I wanted them also to know we're underpaid, that's why she left. Sorry but $15/h with no benefits is a joke.. Anyhow I told them to pretend I never told them anything and my boss said OK. He's nice and understandable...

Old 05-04-2015, 01:45 PM

387 posts, read 589,312 times
i hope your friend finds out and punches you in the sack

Old 05-04-2015, 01:48 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le33sonlearned View Post
So after working 5 months now at my current company making $15 an hour; I just got raised to $17 an hour because a friend of mine who I referred to working here 2 months after me found another better paying job with benefits (I was very jealous) because both of us went for an interview at the same company and she got an offer while I did not yet. However, $2 more raise made me happier.

She just told them today that she will leave, while I told my boss secretly on Thursday that she has told me she will leave but will tell you guys on Monday. It's a small firm so I feel comfortable speaking with them. Of course they are worried and scared if I will leave so they gave me a raise but first asked me what makes me happy to stay here. I said not sure you come up, then he said $17 an hour I said fine

More and more every day I wonder if people at work would only mind their own ever loving' business and perform the job that they were hired to do, they wouldn't have to worry about Robots, Chinese, Indians, Congress, Obama, or whatever other excuse du jour.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:55 PM

6,460 posts, read 7,796,492 times
Quote:
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404Error View Post
i hope your friend finds out and punches you in the sack
+1

To the OP: Change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment