Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 05:23 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,321,693 times

Advertisements

I'm with eyeb. Live on half of it, invest the rest. You can retire from sales while you're still young and then you can use the "talents" you are wasting, whatever they may be, to do good in the world without having to make enough cash to live on. If you don't like the weather where you are, move to a more hospitable climate. People buy cars everywhere and you're obviously good at selling them. You can devise a creative plan for how to spend your early retirement while you make your sales goals ever higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 10:22 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times
Quote:
You can retire from sales while you're still young and then you can use the "talents" you are wasting, whatever they may be, to do good in the world without having to make enough cash to live on
What do you mean wasting his talents? He is using his talents to make a living. Only a small percentage of the people in the country, are able to do his job, and be successful doing it.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:41 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,784,000 times
Look on the bright side; you could be stuck in an hourly retail sales job.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:25 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
F&I manager, make some real money.
I would give anything to be an F&I guy. I finance cars for a bank right now, but those guys at the dealership make 2x-4x what I make. I've been trying to get a position for over a year now, but it seems like they're always hiring from within. Tough inroads. I know I'd be a better hire than most of these salesmen who jump from dealership to dealership every 6 months.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:26 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,817,640 times
wow you make a lot of money what dealership/brand do you work at?

Old 07-14-2015, 01:56 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Nice Work OT,

What state where you operating out of???

Never mind OT...GOT IT.
thanks!

Old 07-14-2015, 02:31 PM

625 posts, read 952,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
You are making a great living, you are very good at what you do so be satisfied. Find a hobby or something else to give you whatever fullfillment you feel is lacking from your career.

This.

Find something during your free time that you will enjoy, and if you retire early or if you are ever laid off, you can turn that hobby into a new venture. Honestly, if the OP really does make $100,000/year, that is more than twice as much as what I make, and I regret doing my job almost everyday!

Old 07-15-2015, 06:13 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,739 times
This is a quote from a You Tube Poster...about selling cars...from a You Tube Video by Joe Girard.
"Well, I like Joe. I like his slow Detroit accent.Like an old school Mafia Godfather. I would buy a car of him. I'm sure he would make me an offer to good to refuse He is a story teller. I have been in the motor trade for over 20 years.I have sold everything from John Deere ride on lawn mowers to Western Star trucks. In between just about every brand and model of passenger vehicle you can imagine. Diahatsu's to Mercedes Benz and BMW. By the way I own a Porsche. My base pay is $17.00 Per hour Australian. I work in a small country truck Dealership in Gympie, Queensland. I have also done the hard yards on Parramatta road in Sydney.I would probably hold the Guinness Book of records for selling the most diverse motor vehicles. I have to say no one can sell 6 cars a day unless you have someone carrying out the delivery side of the sale.It's just impossible...today anyway. Because while your selling your not delivering. And when your delivering your not selling. Joe was the Cutty Sark of his time. ( Google Cutty Sark if your not into history) It was the fastest sailing ship of its era. But now times have changed.And it would no longer be considered a contender for todays modern ships. Good on you Joe. I have your cd's in my car and often listen to them for training. A salesman is a physiological athlete that must continue to train through out his Sales career. Sell Honestly. Sell with pride, Sell something you believe in. Most of all believe in your self. I would love to meet Joe in person and shake his hand."

Car Sales people...talking Car Sales. Can you Believe them?

LOL.

Old 07-15-2015, 08:00 PM

12,777 posts, read 14,987,827 times
OP, well, you're obviously doing good & you seem overall satisfied, so stay in that industry, unless you are really, really wanting to risk starting all over into something new.

Do you plan to get married & have a family any time soon? You certainly can afford to take care of a family & have a nice life, a nice house, nice cars, & be happy. Maybe it's not the job, but a life partner that's missing in your life & once that happens & you have that genuine, great love of your life in another human being, then you'll be fulfilled. If you're still in that phase of going out every night partying & dating different people, then, maybe it's time to settle down to feel like you have a much more complete life.

My BF's (non-college-educated) twin brother quit a $6000/mo sales job in the pest control industry because he was dating his now wife who back then worked in his office & his work found out they were dating. If anything, she should have quit because she wasn't nearly making the money he was & they were planning to marry anyway. My BF & I continuously talk about what an idiot he is for quitting like that & my BF said he liked the job alright. After all, how often do jobs like that come around?! Well, that was about 4-6 yrs ago & did he ever get a job like that again? Uh no. He's since dabbled in a couple things unsuccessfully & was unemployed. He just recently got a job "starting all over" & he says he's making $9/hour...@ he's now 41.

You don't want this to happen to you! Keep that good job! I know happiness is the main thing, but as long as a person doesn't despise their job, then if they're making excellent money, then I think it's worth keeping the job.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:28 PM

12,777 posts, read 14,987,827 times
What happened to the OP? I'd like to hear what he thinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment