Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2015, 01:48 AM

171 posts, read 193,833 times

Advertisements

I am the only employee that has been at my job over a year without being late or calling in. I always arrive at my desk and working 15 to 30 minutes early and take on extra work. My old supervisor always comment on how happy he was to have me there. I received an over 5% raise and a great review....now there is a new supervisor (a young female)....all the other employees call in, have to leave early or are late and it doesn't seem to be a problem....I ask one time if I can work 7 to 4 one day instead of 8 to 5 because I had to be somewhere (others do this all the time) and she said "Why, what's going on?" She doesn't ask anyone else this. Is it really her business? Also as new people are hired others with seniority got to change their lunch hour to what they prefer. I am at the point where I should be able to change mine since new people have come in. I asked to take a later Lunch like everyone else before me was able to do if they wanted to and she said "well I was going to have the new hire do that but I check and let you know". Haven't heard anything....it's just kind of frustrating when I have been a reliable employee. Also my old supervisor told me my job was not entry level and that he really wanted me to understand how much I have impacted the group and I would really succeed here....but I hear the new supervisor on the phone doing interviews and telling them it's entry level. So I just don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 11:32 AM

23,518 posts, read 24,000,129 times
New supervisor = new personality dynamics at play. The new supervisor has a new style, obviously. You cannot assume that what you were doing in the past will work today. Find out what makes this new supervisor happy and stick to it.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:58 PM

484 posts, read 560,685 times
You need to "manage your manager." If I'm asking off work, or to take a vacation day, I always ask at least a week ahead of time, and usually tell my supervisor why I need to take off the time.

As the other poster noted, you built up your credibility with the other supervisor. He saw what you were doing day in, day out, and appreciated you. You need to build your reputation with the new supervisor. She may or may not have read all the personnel files on her existing employees. You can't assume that she even knows about your good relationship with the former supervisor. Study her, get to know what she likes and what she doesn't. She is your pathway to your next opportunity. Get on her good side and stay there. That's the way to get ahead.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:48 PM

171 posts, read 193,833 times
She did the same job as me and then interviews to become supervisor so we worked together before.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:51 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,984,397 times
You know why?? Because you're reliable and a good worker. You're considered a threat

Old 12-13-2015, 04:53 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,122,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
You know why?? Because you're reliable and a good worker. You're considered a threat

Or maybe because of OP's immaturity:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...ght-angry.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...-year-old.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/healt...oing-into.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment