Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2015, 07:50 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,329,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
With regard to point 2, they didn't succeed in getting rid of the guy, and I can only assume they were arrested. I never met them and those events happened a few years before I worked there, but the bloodthirsty sociopath they targeted still ran the place (into the ground) when I was there, so they they clearly didn't succeed.

As for point 5, report them to whom? It would be my word against theirs, and I have no proof of their behavior since I was not able to record their conversations. Most of the people there know what they are like because most of the people there support the concept of violence against unpopular minorities, the government, and anybody else they don't like. In short, by not supporting bigoted violence, I was the odd man out there; they were the norm. Sure, I could report that to... somebody... I guess... but given the continued existence of groups like the KKK with an obvious mission, a nuthouse like this one full of honorary Klan members is not going to draw any attention from anyone in power.
I wonder what kind of attempt they actually made to get rid of the guy. "Bloodthirsty sociopath" is a strong term. I wonder what he actually did to be described that strongly.

For point 5, I was thinking the police until I read the second paragraph. I guess the way to fly in that situation is "low and under the radar".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Why ? Any psychologist will tell you revenge fantasies are perfectly normal. Would you rather have a disgruntled employee who feels safe venting or one who bottles all this up until he can't contain it anymore and DOES kill the boss ? Think of a pressure cooker whose valve isn't tapped every so often. What happens when it doesn't have that release.

Also, frankly the world could do without these kinds of bosses. If everyone wants you dead, maybe you need to look in the mirror lol
Revenge fantasies within ones mind may be normal but voicing them seems to be something else. Not sure.

Those bosses make people suffer unjustly. Those people who should look in the mirror could care less. That's part of the reason they're psychopaths/sociopaths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 02:34 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,093,891 times
My sister in law jut got her Christmas bonus from her boss, it was a small bottle of maple syrup and and pack of cracker-barrel cheddar cheese

Old 12-22-2015, 06:24 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,169,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Here's one for you, when you have changed political parties based upon your treatment at your last two Fortune 500 jobs.
Because the board members at both of these companies made their party memberships known to the workforce, right?

If you really want a surprise, look up which candidates and PACs the companies gave to.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:39 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,774,407 times
You know you work for a terrible employer when...

a meeting is called on election day to tell you how to vote. Same company as the unflushable log meeting.

Old 12-25-2015, 10:09 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,329,652 times
...the boss tells an employee he's trying to get to quit: I'm going to keep picking on you until I straighten you out right in front of co-workers.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:25 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,668,310 times
...There are no snacks in the break room. My last company provided free snacks & beverages. After 8 years of working there, I had gotten sooo spoiled.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:40 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,173,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely40 View Post
...There are no snacks in the break room. My last company provided free snacks & beverages. After 8 years of working there, I had gotten sooo spoiled.
I feel that your unwarranted sense of entitlement is more strongly represented here than your employer's terribleness. What I mean by that, is, free food is not an expectation that an employee should have for an employer. It's a nice added benefit, but it doesn't make the employer terrible.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:49 PM

291 posts, read 378,799 times
When they keep people in the hospital longer than needed just to collect $$

Old 12-26-2015, 08:52 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,173,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlove View Post
When they keep people in the hospital longer than needed just to collect $$
Or worse... not long enough!

Old 12-28-2015, 02:02 AM

1,485 posts, read 956,289 times
When they wait until your off-time to blow up your phone for their own stupid mismanagement of employees. And then don't want to offer incentives for the inconvenience of working off your regular schedule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment