Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 03:13 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times

Advertisements

Its not you.. Its greedy companies today Not hiring, working their already skeleton crew to the bone as they realize its all about maximum profit with low expense in workforce and they always find SUCKERS to throw more responsibility on than to move someone up the chain with a promotion or bring more help in from the outside. So upper management can give themselves the extra cash come bonus time

I see HUNDREDS of jobs over the years go unfilled because they just thrown the added responsibilities onto someone else for no money.

Don't blame yourself. It all falls on greedy management. The last 2 companies I have been at have been equal offenders of doing this. Subtly throwing more and more responsibility on people already there with NO incentive or raises. Ohh... But they will give you some food or "atta boys" every now and then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 04:37 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed83 View Post
I can totally understand the brutal honesty and I'm definitely NOT giving up. As the one person mentioned, yes I do have ADHD but clearly not dyslexia since I'm obviously spelling my words out just fine. The lack of solid work history is due to kind of personal issues which have been resolved awhile ago and I started working towards changing myself around in my late 20s. My goal is to make 2016 a more ambitious year and try to build up the skills in anything. Transportation is no problem since I have wheels. As for my location, it's the Binghamton, NY area. Southern Tier. I've just done some research and the American Red Cross is currently holding courses for BLS, which I'm definitely signing up for. And if it doesn't work out, then I'll just keep trying to find what else I could be good at. I'm fully-aware actions speak louder than words but either way, I'm not giving up. Happy New Year, everyone!
Just because your words are spelled correctly does not mean you clearly don't have dyslexia. But it's a good deal if you don't, because that can make learning new skills more of a challenge.

Do you know about your brand of ADHD?

There are tons of positives in terms of problems solving, thinking on your feet, being able to see patterns in the chaos...

The Positives of ADHD. The Advantages of Attention Deficit Disorder

Benefits of ADHD: Unique Strengths and Abilities

People with ADHD tend to be the adventurers, the explorers. Sometimes this gets them into trouble. Sometimes saves the day.

Good luck. Do let us know what you decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment