Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 10:28 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,405,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
The boss only sees that the enabler answered, and if anything, maybe the enabler will get points for being a team player

she has been here almost 16 years!!

As a team player, I would do the job because that's what is good for the business, and you're right, I will get brownie points for it. Win-win.

The "slacker" has been there 16 years and they are not going anywhere, so you getting upset about is a waste of time. And don't forget, you not taking care of it and letting the other person do it, is also being seen. Lose-lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 08:13 PM

254 posts, read 597,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
There is an e-mail that comes through daily. It is directed to one person and 5 others are cc'd.
All the person it is directed to has to do is look up some info and then answer the e-mail. Less often than not, she does answer it in a timely manner. But most times, she does not and then someone else answers it for her. Thus enabling her laziness.

I've talked to the enabler and she'll say you're right, I'll stop. But now she did it again today!!! WTF. Let this person who is not doing their job suffer the consequences!!!

If the email is not directed at your or you have to do anything just leave it alone.
There are people like myself who vent for more drastic reasons. Mine is the stress. This job I have has too much work, not enough people, too much micromanagement, being under a microscope and being damned if you do and damned if you don't. They just look for stuff that you do wrong. Never hear anything positive. This affects my morale. The office morale sucks too. People are so disconnected in there. The office manager doesn't have a clue as to what it takes to keep office morale up.
So deal with the email it's small potoatos.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:06 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennStar View Post
If the email is not directed at your or you have to do anything just leave it alone.
There are people like myself who vent for more drastic reasons. Mine is the stress. This job I have has too much work, not enough people, too much micromanagement, being under a microscope and being damned if you do and damned if you don't. They just look for stuff that you do wrong. Never hear anything positive. This affects my morale. The office morale sucks too. People are so disconnected in there. The office manager doesn't have a clue as to what it takes to keep office morale up.
So deal with the email it's small potoatos.
Thank you, that's going to be my new mantra. Small potatoes, small potatoes. Who cares if she just made another mistake on a ticket that she made a mistake on so she was told to re-submit it and still submitted it wrong. Small potatoes, small potatoes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment