Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 10:53 AM

275 posts, read 252,559 times

Advertisements

The sum up seems to be that this is 1. Not uncommon and 2. Kind of a jerk move.

And, I actually know one of the employees who has already been reviewed was given a rating that was not totally acceptable (he showed me the review) so it doesn't seem that they are waiting to give bad ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 10:38 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,358,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
My first thought is that some won't be getting the raise they expect, so the co. is waiting, since those employees may give notice.

Otherwise, it'd be no big deal to me. But I was single while working & lived w/in my means, so I didn't "need" the raise to pay bills.
We don't need the raise to pay our bills either. But that doesn't mean it isn't annoying or unprofessional. (And it doesn't mean you'll get your money if you don't push the issue.)

So now just to update what I wrote above---my husband has spent the past two hours dealing with some moron in HR who has no idea what she is talking about. First, he had to ask to Skype with her because she did not understand WHAT he was asking, even though he was clear and asked her about it three different ways. Then she started telling him he got a double digit raise at the beginning of the follow-up e-mail (after the conversation) and then ended the e-mail saying the raise was about half of that number. What???

I pulled his W2 from last year and his first paycheck ever since this "raise" and when I did the math, it was literally a 1% raise. Not the number it was supposed to be. And all of this was supposed to be taken care of and start at the beginning of 2016, not the last week of March. He is owed money and now he actually has to file a complaint because they are telling him he isn't going to get back pay because they aren't supposedly doing back pay anymore, yet this is all because of management not doing what they are supposed to do in a timely matter.

I hope he gets a new job soon. For such a large, global company, they seem to have a lot of issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment