Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2016, 11:57 AM

207 posts, read 226,627 times

Advertisements

HI was at work today, and one of my manager which whom is normally calm was like "I cannot read any of your handwriting!". It was actually my own project for inventory purposes I was working on and I told her I will type it up. And then she took over and was like "write enough space between the letters." And then she told my other manager that she was working on communication issues, what not, and threw all my efforts down the drain (not in a mean way but with a smile). So I wasted a day of my life when it could had been easily handle if she just let me finish it out by type it (since that was the end result regardless). She did not assign that project to me and I took ownership when the main manager ask for someone to do it. It was nearly finish... And all the hard work was done.. She just could not handle my note taking.

I took it at face value and reminded myself the first law of 48 laws of power "never outshine the master", so pretty much go along with it. I remain calm and agreed.

How would you normally handle that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 12:04 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,048,732 times
Your grammar looks like English is not your first language. Maybe that's what she meant about "communication issues." You could take classes to improve your writing.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:05 PM

207 posts, read 226,627 times
By communication, she meant "making others be able to read what I am saying."

The work just require me to get serial numbers/model names and email it to my main manager. In a nutshell.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:11 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,689,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
You could take classes to improve your writing.
That is a very good idea.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:27 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,790,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlexa View Post
HI was at work today, and one of my manager which whom is normally calm was like "I cannot read any of your handwriting!". It was actually my own project for inventory purposes I was working on and I told her I will type it up. And then she took over and was like "write enough space between the letters." And then she told my other manager that she was working on communication issues, what not, and threw all my efforts down the drain (not in a mean way but with a smile). So I wasted a day of my life when it could had been easily handle if she just let me finish it out by type it (since that was the end result regardless). She did not assign that project to me and I took ownership when the main manager ask for someone to do it. It was nearly finish... And all the hard work was done.. She just could not handle my note taking.

I took it at face value and reminded myself the first law of 48 laws of power "never outshine the master", so pretty much go along with it. I remain calm and agreed.

How would you normally handle that?
I'd have had to see a sample fo your notes to see if your boss had a valid complaint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment