Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 04:18 PM

101 posts, read 103,799 times

Advertisements

had a guy shout pick it up as i was litter Pickering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 07:46 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
A few years ago a guest went on a dinner cruise, alcoholic beverages were not included and she chose not to get the open bar package. She consumed several martinis, and an extra dessert got drunk and then realizing each one was a lot of $$$ the next day, showed up and complained about the credit card receipt amount. I had to call the cruise company at her request to find out the amount of each drink. Then the fun task of informing her no refunds will be given. Fortunately she did not make too big a fuss of it. Was time consuming though.

Another guest demanded a refund on a tour bus after spending 5 minutes on it. Said other passengers were staring at him. He looked totally normal, Tour operator told me he got angry out of nowhere and stormed off the bus. He got a refund as he never went on the tour.

Most guests are friendly and value us (98% are great really ) We uphold 5 star service so when a situation arises, we smile and do our best to make them happy.

Retail....THAT was often a circus. Working in malls we had numerous people just hanging around, most were just lonely but I had more then one female employee with stalkerish types getting attached to them. As a manager I had it dealt with fast. Would walk one to the car at night even.

Customers bringing in food and drink, dining on store counters was common. Many bought nothing and left a mess.

People fighting for discounts on items already on sale, or demanding free stuff.

Customers fighting with each other ( Had a few scuffles, 2 went to the ground UFC style.)

Though not customers of my store, one mall had many nuts wandering around. Fights on crowded days were common. Especially in the Burger King across the way. Chair throwing fights, stabbings would happen. Also witnessed a disturbed man defecate on the floor 10 yards from where I was standing. The place was a madhouse. Other malls were way better. Of course I spent most of my time in the crazy one. My luck LOL.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:31 PM

291 posts, read 506,227 times
I used to work at Disney and you would think tourists were the most troublesome. However, the most annoying people I've dealt with were the people that actually worked at the park themselves and were off-duty.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:45 PM

32,944 posts, read 36,386,492 times
The people I saw when I was a customer service representative for Blue Cross Blue Shield. Someone was going to pay for the problem with their claim. I hadn't coded, filed or processed it, but it was my fault. My nickname was You People.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:18 PM

35 posts, read 64,865 times
First job in high school at Steak N Shake. Family of four comes in, orders an obscene amount of food. Father kept calling me sweetie in a really lecherous way. On the way out, he apologized that his wife had gotten sick in the bathroom. She's puked and diarrhea-ed everywhere.

And they left me no tip.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:00 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,141,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBlindNotBrave View Post
First job in high school at Steak N Shake. Family of four comes in, orders an obscene amount of food. Father kept calling me sweetie in a really lecherous way. On the way out, he apologized that his wife had gotten sick in the bathroom. She's puked and diarrhea-ed everywhere.

And they left me no tip.
Ugh sorry you experienced this. Thats 2 of the nastiest combinations. Please give me a shred of faith in the universe, and tell me you did not have to clean it too.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:03 AM

35 posts, read 64,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Ugh sorry you experienced this. Thats 2 of the nastiest combinations. Please give me a shred of faith in the universe, and tell me you did not have to clean it too.
I most definitely would have quit on the spot rather than clean that up. Fortunately, one of my managers-who was generally not a very cool person-saw the color leech from my face, and cleaned it up herself. Real big respect boost for her after that.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:33 AM

887 posts, read 1,216,217 times
HVAC business that is 99% residential. The most annoying have always been the very small percentage that go off for the cheapest price on a new system after you have spent years killing yourself and going out of your way pulling rabbits out of hats to keep their old POS running for years.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:01 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
I work in an optical. The people I find most irritating are the Medicaid patients with kids who break their glasses repeatedly, expect free replacements, and blame the design of the glasses for the breakage. One broken frame is totally understandable, but several? It's time to teach your kid responsibility. However, these patients are very uncommon in our practice which is composed largely of charity patients.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:21 AM

780 posts, read 679,067 times
We had a caller and they needed help with a login. It wasn't even my responsibility to help. She should have called the ministry. It wasn't even our website she was on, she was on the ministry's website. I kept telling her to contact them, but she kept insisting I help her.

Fine.

When I tried to help her, I told her to check her email for notification upon her registration. She said she checked her email on her phone, then what? I said, she needs to specifically check it on the computer because there will be a link or something. She insisted she checks it on her phone. I had to argue with her to check it on her computer. She wouldn't budge. I told her I'll have to stop helping her because 1, that wasn't our website and I was just being nice and help her. 2, she's not doing what I'm asking her to do...to help her...so I had to let her go.

Most annoying call I've ever had. I generally have a high tolerance for people, but mannnn...she really got to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment