Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 03:20 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times

Advertisements

The company I work for is owned by two brothers and they seem to feel it OK to talk down too, scream at, curse at and never take the employees side because they don't want to lose a customer. Even if it means to accuse the employee for something they didn't do. Their father started the company back in the early 60's and treated his employees even worse from fellas I come across from time to time that worked for him years ago.

They try to make up for their bad behavior by trying to throw a Christmas party at the end of the year, which I'm starting to avoid anymore. If they can't treat people nice all year long, then don't try to make up for it and the end of the year.

I go in, do my job, keep my equipment clean, help the other employees out as much as I can and stay clear of job-site politics. I have 5 years their, enjoy what I do and have made some friends along the way. But the brothers way of treating us sure make it hard to keep a chin up and a smile on my face.

One of the brothers once came up to me and said, "I should kick your @**". I spun around, took off my hat and replied, "there's nothing between us but air and attitude" as I walked toward him. Needless to say he backed down real fast and tried to cover it up with a, "oh, I was only joking", .......yeah right. Anymore when he has something to say, he says it as he's walking or driving away, "the coward".

I'm not a job jumper, I'm trying hard to look past their being jerk bosses and not true leaders and supervisors.

I'm sure there are a ton of folks out there who have the same problems with your bosses and would like to drag them out behind the shop once or twice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 03:22 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,445,889 times
The time to leave was yesterday! Why stay at such a toxic place?

Old 08-14-2016, 04:19 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
This is reason # 108 of why I don't work for small companies.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
The time to leave was yesterday! Why stay at such a toxic place?
I know what your saying, but it the work I do that I enjoy so much. With the exception of a couple of other employees, the other 29are great people.

I find it funny that our employer talks about going to church and all the things they do for the church, but yet on the outside of the church they are such nasty scum-bags to those who are the ones who make them their money. I guess they're the type who think that they can buy their way inti their heaven.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:37 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,845,843 times
Find a new job.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:55 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
One of the bosses comes up to you and insinuates that they should kick your ass?

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

I would never tolerate such a thing. I'm not saying I'd go to HR or anything, but I'd be looking to go elsewhere.

Old 08-14-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
One of the bosses comes up to you and insinuates that they should kick your ass?

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

I would never tolerate such a thing. I'm not saying I'd go to HR or anything, but I'd be looking to go elsewhere.
The idiots wife runs HR. But remember when I took off my hat, started walking toward him and replied, "there's nothing but air and attitude between us". He quickly back down and said, "I was only joking".

Old 08-14-2016, 05:00 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,186,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
This is reason # 108 of why I don't work for small companies.
I agree with this 100%.

All of my very worst experiences have come from family owned small companies.

Never again.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:00 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
The idiots wife runs HR. But remember when I took off my hat, started walking toward him and replied, "there's nothing but air and attitude between us". He quickly back down and said, "I was only joking".
Yes, but can't believe anyone would even say such a thing in the first place.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:51 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,789,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
I agree with this 100%.

All of my very worst experiences have come from family owned small companies.

Never again.
The opposite is having a bunch of brown nosers....There's drawbacks either way....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment