Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 07:49 AM

306 posts, read 365,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
FWIW- I'm not big on all the celebutantes (or that that is even a thing) but the Paris Hiltons, Kim Kardashians, Nicole Ritchies really do have to put effort into what they do. Showing up to events, whoring themselves to the media, arranging to be seen where it matters and then the biggie is having actual products to sell when you get there. One of the Housewives gave an interview I heard that really opened my eyes- she said if you go on that show without something to sell/push you are just there to make an ass of yourself.

And to stay at that level a while you do need some hustle. Which is not to say they are furthering society but the ones we know/complain about most do have to put more effort in than you or I would imagine.
Great post.

For all those saying it's not hard work, how would you know? Are you running a multi-billion or even million dollar company? If it was so easy, no company would ever go out of business. Do a quick search for 'large companies that failed' and ask those people running them if it was an easy job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 07:58 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
Haters gonna hate yo

Old 12-02-2016, 08:07 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,577,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
She was born on third base but thinks she hit a triple.
It's not her fault that she was born into privilege, nor was it Donald Trump's.

All because someone doesn't have the stress of financial ruin constantly hovering about their head doesn't mean their effort is somehow less than.

I was born into a working class family, started delivering newspapers when I was 11 and have been steadily employed ever since. I've worked in physically intensive industries, intellectually challenging industries, have flirted with completed and total financial disaster at least three separate times. I've grown accustomed to 12-15 hour work days and literally never having a true, full day off ever (going on nine years of that). But I've recently been tagged as privileged white upper middle class by someone who has no idea what my life has been like. I am not now, nor have I ever been upper anything, I'm always one bad month away from facing financial hardships again.

My point? You don't really know anything about someone, regardless of what you see or read. Paris Hilton has clearly set out to build a business and appears to have done so. Does that mean she can relate to the single parent working three jobs just to be able to pay the rent? No. But why is that her fault, and why would that make her "working hard" claims suspect?

Old 12-02-2016, 08:08 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Trump worked his ass off this election. Seriously, if he wasn't holding a rally in one place, he was flying to a rally in the next. Then the late night tweets to get people all stirred up. At the same time he was openning a golf course in scottland, renovating the old post office in washington into a hotel, managing his other properties, etc. Many times it was 2 or 3 rallys per day. Towards the end he was holding 5 and 6 rallys each day. This is on top of all the interviews he was doing and meetings with other political figures.

If anything Trump is living proof that hard work pays off. Give credit where credit is due, even if you don't like the guy. You KNOW this election was not handed to him.
Absolutely. Saying that much Hellos and Thank yous would drain any one mentally. He s way too active for a 70 year old.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:12 AM

306 posts, read 365,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Haters gonna hate yo
Heh. That pretty much sums it up.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:23 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,932,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Most rich elites Never put an hones days work in their entire lives.Their parents were rich, loaned then size able loans to start a business and gave them the ins and outs of running it and ways to exploit the system and the tradition carried on.

Or they continue to live off the gravy train from rich relatives. They don't know what's it's like to get up and food on the table every day like he regular Joe

That's why I don't even know why Americans keep voting elitists into office. They are completely out of touch with a regular persons life. People always vote against their best interests then whine about why they suck as "leaders" after the fact

Hell most of these out of touch idiots have probably never even been to a grocery store
and regular Joe's have no idea the amount of skill and work it takes to start and run those multi-million dollar businesses that employ those regular Joe's.

You find it odd about electing elitists and those rich elites, I find it odd that those regular Joe's complain about the very people who sign their paychecks that makes Joe be able to put food on the table. You ever been employed by a poor person?

Old 12-02-2016, 08:34 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Most rich elites Never put an hones days work in their entire lives. Their parents were rich, loaned then size able loans to start a business and gave them the ins and outs of running it and ways to exploit the system and the tradition carried on.
And what traditions do poor people pass onto their kids? how to be poor...

Poor people do not work "harder", they are just dumb enough to think that they are good at handling money when they shouldn't be trusted with it.
Rich people can go broke, but they eventually bounce back because they have the skills to make money. That's the difference between the two, one knows how to bounce back, the others just stay on the ground.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:41 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Haters gonna hate yo
I don't hate her. I have no feelings about her at all.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:51 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,249 times
there are different types of "work" - physical, mental, leadership, artistic, etc. - and each has their own difficulties. To be successful in whatever profession / work-type you choose, you DO have to "work" hard.

Think of it as an MMO - is the grind to level 60 ranged any less hard than level 60 melee?

Old 12-02-2016, 09:03 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
and regular Joe's have no idea the amount of skill and work it takes to start and run those multi-million dollar businesses that employ those regular Joe's.

You find it odd about electing elitists and those rich elites, I find it odd that those regular Joe's complain about the very people who sign their paychecks that makes Joe be able to put food on the table. You ever been employed by a poor person?

ROFLMAO. Neither does Trump apparently since everything he touches goes bankrupt.

Anyone with decent brain functions can learn how to run businesses for the most part if they had the proper mentors and were coached in doing so and had support.. Most people are never given the opportunity do so because they don't have the capital.

It would be finally be nice to be governed by people who worked their way up is all. Not born with silver spoons in their mouth who have never done an honest days work and worked their way up. Im not saying we have to be governed by poor people but we don't need to be governed by Lifelong elitists either who can't truly connect with the working class.

Trump is connecting with the working class, but we'll see what he does that stops the nation from going. even further into debt and hit a financial crisis on par with the 1920s. That is worrisome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment