Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2017, 08:46 PM

994 posts, read 968,129 times

Advertisements

My first job was at a Dell warehouse for 3 years picking and packing. I left to try retail and like it alot better . I like seeing outside and talking to customers. I have tried a few warehouse jobs the past few years and I cant stay more than a few days before I am miserable so I quit. I need a job where I am using my mind and not doing mind numbing factory work. This isnt a post asking how to stay at a warehouse job, just curious how many people are like me and what are you doing ultimately for work right now? Are you happy with your current job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 03:24 AM

67 posts, read 50,020 times
jobs are just jobs.
the things we enjoy doing dont have anything to do with work. I expect my jobs to be boring because i dont want to waste my good energy for when I leave.

I dont want to be challenged at work. Life is hard enough.
My point is..just know that work is work,its always mind numbing. I just do it for pay so I can live my life.
At the very least I want to work with people I can like

Old 02-16-2017, 05:00 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
I'm in healthcare distribution. I agree. Warehouse jobs are mind numbingly boring and once u learn the ins and outs of everything,even the office work (which takes about 2 years maybe) it's a dead end. It's even worse with a college degree and being underutilized and where only 1-2 job openings come up once every few years and those jobs are giving to the bringing managers friend of a friend of a friend. Cause we're all in high school with little cliques

Old 02-16-2017, 08:48 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,663,139 times
I did my time in warehouses and such when I was a kid. Long, hard hours for not much money, screaming tyrants as bosses, hilarious stories, cycle counts... It's a job. It isn't supposed to be enjoyable. It's cruddy work that needs to be done and that a lot of people have the ability to do. Rather than worrying about how rough things are when you're starting out, think about how you're going to make things better for yourself. Live within your means, take classes, learn to do something that everyone cannot do and that you like doing. Then you can leave the warehouse behind and sample the cubicle life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment