Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 11:33 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,286,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
ADP has over 650,000 business clients paying over 40,000,000 individuals worldwide representing just in the USA $1,700,000,000,000 (yes, trillion dollars) in payroll money for 2016. Anyone who is trying to tell you ADP doesn;t make mistakes is smoking something! ADP has an excellent record but mistakes can and do happen. In most cases it's just a matter of ADP and the employer ironing out whatever is causing the glitch. It's rare that a glitch occurs over more than 2 or 3 pay periods, but it can happen.

Now, with that said; there are safeguards in place that can enable the employer or ADP to still issue payroll independent of the automated systems. Because there are state labor (pay) laws that can be violated when a pay-date is missed, your employer or ADP should be working within the legal requirements to pay when due by law. However, since ADP will not discuss payroll problems with you, you are dependent on what your employer tells you. It could be ADP or it could be your employer, you may never know.

But, do you really care if ADP or employer? If you want your pay paid when legally required, you may need to file a formal complaint in order to get it fixed. If you're not willing to stand up for yourself and file a complaint when things get messed up, you basically approving of the problem.
The OP said:
Quote:
I remember the third time this happened she offered to give everyone a small bonus if it happened again as a way to apologize for everything. But no bonus came and was never brought up again the next time it happened.
That has NOTHING to do with ADP, it has to do with the owner of the company having money problems and lying to employees.

The OP needs to update the resume, gather references and bolt from this job as soon as possible, because what is going to happen, is the OP will report to work one day and find out the business has been closed and won't ever get the money owed and be unemployed. ADP isn't the problem, it is the employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 04:43 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,513,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
My guess is ADP isn't paying you because there is no money in the account.

I am sure others will chime in here but excuses about payroll are a smokescreen for serious financial problems.

Payroll problems for a couple of months? ADP doesn't care? What employer keeps a payroll contractor that is not paying employees? Does this make sense?

Is the boss getting paid?
That's it. Period.

I had the misfortune of working for a company that did that. As a employer the FIRST thing you do is meet payroll before ANYTHING else. Oh and the guy I worked for it ended up he had major financial issues. If it was a one time deal I would overlook it. But it's a recurring "mistake" and I guarantee ADP isn't the one making it.
I would call the state labor board and report him since it's so blatant

I used adp for my business and I know multiple people who use them and I have never heard of ADP making such mistake. Let's assume they made the mistake. It would happen once not once every three weeks.

Last edited by Electrician4you; 02-21-2017 at 04:51 AM..

Old 02-21-2017, 06:30 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,786,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmidnight View Post
The problems started out of nowhere but wasn't that frequent at first. Now it seems to happen one out of every three or four pay cycles. I remember the third time this happened she offered to give everyone a small bonus if it happened again as a way to apologize for everything. But no bonus came and was never brought up again the next time it happened.
...and now they are lying to you. Bonus promised but now forgotten about?

Ding ding ding....

I once worked for a fairly large (60+) mom and pop place before direct deposit was the norm.

There were constant rumors of payroll barely being met. Some employees had their checks bounce. The company changed banks three times in three years. Some employees opened an account in the bank the company was using just to cash their payroll check-and they went straight there after getting it.

I was only part time there for several months and left for other reasons but they eventually got bought out and by that time they were down to a handful of employees.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:00 AM

1,146 posts, read 1,413,192 times
Did a quick look back in my records and this is the fourth time in the past three months there have been payroll issues. There was two other times before that over last summer and nothing before that. Additional reasons for delays given by boss: ADP deleted payroll info and it had to be set up and manually run and pushed through, and another time ADP had staffing issues and that resulted in payment delay.

Received payment today six days late. Next paydate is scheduled in seven days so who knows what will happen.

I will explore my options.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:04 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,786,636 times
Quote:
Did a quick look back in my records and this is the fourth time in the past three months there have been payroll issues. There was two other times before that over last summer and nothing before that. Additional reasons for delays given by boss: ADP deleted payroll info and it had to be set up and manually run and pushed through, and another time ADP had staffing issues and that resulted in payment delay.

Received payment today six days late. Next paydate is scheduled in seven days so who knows what will happen.

I will explore my options.
Glad you are seeing the pattern.

What type of business is this?

Old 02-21-2017, 09:13 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,404,178 times
Quote:
My boss/owner says it's an ADP issue every time as they usually don't process things automatically and withdrawal from our bank account until my boss has to manually contact them and then there is a delay of two or three days.
Usually we find out because our pay date comes with no money and we have to let our boss know because she had no idea ADP didn't process things as she claims they don't notify her.
Your boss is lying to you.

"If a company has fewer than 50 employees, ADP offers three different types of payroll solutions. ADP gathers all of the payroll information either through a mobile application, online or over the phone, and then ADP calculates all of the pay and taxes. ADP then delivers paychecks each pay period, which could be anything from weekly to monthly."

Your boss isn't submitting the payroll to them, or she hasn't paid ADP for their services.

Either way, there is something wrong and the lack of money is a large part of it.

I would be looking for another job.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:17 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,404,178 times
Quote:
I remember the third time this happened she offered to give everyone a small bonus if it happened again as a way to apologize for everything.
Proof right here that it is her fault. No boss would offer a bonus for somebody else's problem.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:10 AM

1,146 posts, read 1,413,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
Glad you are seeing the pattern.

What type of business is this?
Managed Services Provider with a decent client base.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:20 AM

141 posts, read 171,638 times
I wonder why employers use third party payroll companies when it can be done in house just as easy.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:28 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,213,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Sounds like it's time to start looking for another job.

Definitely put your money aside now as after this company goes under, you might have to fight to see your final check if you even get one.
OK if company goes under how does this effect unemployment??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment