Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 01:05 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,439 times

Advertisements

There's no more dangerous employee than the one that has an individual agenda. Whether that is "ending all pain and suffering on earth", or "getting the boss fired".

Don't feed her anything. Even, if what you say is benign. Stay away completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 01:10 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,995,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
Well that's the thing I told her I didn't agree with her on what she is doing. There were certain situations that occurred that I agreed with her, and I definitely would have no shame if anyone repeats it. And if she were to say that I said my boss sucks, then she is lying, because I never implied that or said it. I merely agreed on certain situations where the boss could have handled things better. I have yet to criticized him as a person or manager.
.........."I merely agreed ".......

Most connivers will twist that into a........."it was his idea"...and hang you out to dry.

Been there, seen that !

Old 03-22-2017, 01:14 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
There's no more dangerous employee than the one that has an individual agenda. Whether that is "ending all pain and suffering on earth", or "getting the boss fired".

Don't fee her anything. Even, if what you say is benign. Stay away completely.
Dangerous or foolish?

Old 03-22-2017, 01:15 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post

Don't feed her anything. Even, if what you say is benign. Stay away completely.
Yeah, maybe I will just stay out of it completely from now on. More of a response of "If you have any issue with him, you guys need to discuss that matter privately".

Old 03-22-2017, 01:24 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Dangerous or foolish?
Is there a difference?

I remember my first few years after college in the real world. I knew my place, I didn't rock the boat, I tried to fit in and adapt to my bosses and customers alike. I didn't look at my bosses or co-workers as best friends or enemies. Any time I made a mistake I apologized, I asked questions and tried to learn from people better than myself. When I did get my a** chewed out, my first thought wasn't: "I'm being discriminated because of ......".

And I'm only in my 30s.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:14 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,733,435 times
I would stay out of it! All three of you are new first of all and second that is NOT a mess you want to be in!

Old 03-22-2017, 02:41 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Unless the guy did something grossly inappropriate, 5 weeks is all I need to know that your co-worker is a piece of work.

Watch. Your. Back.

It might be you she comes after next.

I had an experience with a clique like that at one company I worked at.....one of them was even a girl I'd known from school. When I left the company I gave my boss extra long notice so he wouldn't be hung out to dry by just 2 weeks notice. Not going to go into details but as a metaphor it was like everyone got one lollypop each week and they said since I was leaving I shouldn't get one...but it didn't mean that my lollypop would go to one of them, it just wouldn't go to me.

Really petty crap and that was decades ago. I got an opportunity to weigh in one of their applications years later that came across the desk of my then boss and it went right in the round file.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:49 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Unless the guy did something grossly inappropriate, 5 weeks is all I need to know that your co-worker is a piece of work.

Watch. Your. Back.

It might be you she comes after next.

I had an experience with a clique like that at one company I worked at.....one of them was even a girl I'd known from school. When I left the company I gave my boss extra long notice so he wouldn't be hung out to dry by just 2 weeks notice. Not going to go into details but as a metaphor it was like everyone got one lollypop each week and they said since I was leaving I shouldn't get one...but it didn't mean that my lollypop would go to one of them, it just wouldn't go to me.

Really petty crap and that was decades ago. I got an opportunity to weigh in one of their applications years later that came across the desk of my then boss and it went right in the round file.
Oh I know, I don't trust her one bit. She is vicious!

The other teammate that agreed with her, is another interesting one. She is extremely fake, overly nice, and most people see right through it. She has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way and caused some drama. Even though they both dislike each other and fight amongst themselves, they are teaming up (one more than the other) to take down our boss. The one, has been making the rounds today in the office working it. The boss is on vacation next week, so I am sure it will continue then as well.

Luckily the only other teammate left is a lot more like me. She is staying out of it and really does not understand what the problem is. It's nuts, really nuts. It's also really stupid. You are 5 weeks in!

Old 03-22-2017, 03:10 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
My advice.

If you don't have issue with your boss, then stay out of it.

It will work itself out one way or the other.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:13 PM

1,104 posts, read 919,339 times
This will sound critical, harsh and even a little rude, but to me it is clear you are drawn to drama, appear to enjoy it, and can't seem to wait to be a part of it.

Ideally, your thoughts should be on your job, but you have chosen to be attracted to the crazy-making and get all pumped up. Your instincts and common sense already tell you to avoid this.

We've had this problem in my workplace too; people running around, getting pumped up on drama, blowing up on the latest next thing and so on, and then during staff meetings there's this apparent explosion of pseudo-problems.

You could just keep your head down. You could just stop getting involved in drama. Maybe the company just isn't interesting enough? That's a legitimate complaint too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment