Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 04:44 PM

901 posts, read 747,412 times

Advertisements

When SHTF, she will try to take down everyone with her by naming names of people that "agree" with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 04:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
I would stay as far away from that as I could. I would not go to your boss about it and if necessary make enough noncommittal comments to your co-worker to keep her off your back. It will not end well for her.
The instigator seems dumb to me, it is not she didn't go into the job not knowing who her boss was going to be!

Old 03-22-2017, 05:25 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
I saw a group try to do this on time. They started hiring their replacements the next week. It is easy to replace people like the one trying to stir up the trouble. People like her seem to think that if the entire staff says he should go, he will be fired. It usually goes the other way. Especially for a brand new department. It is best to get rid of the trouble makers, than to replace the CMO in cases like this.

I know how things go, as I was brought in one time to be in charge of a department of 40 people. They decided the first day, they were going to get rid of me, as there was someone that was too easy in his management style to make things work, they could get him instead of me. I can tell you from being the one in the CMO position in cases like this, it would be better to talk to him, than the one trying to run the revolt, unless you want to look for a new job.
Totally. And it's just stupid. You are brand NEW! Like what makes you think you are going to come in and remove your boss, especially and exec like that? It's going to backfire on her quick. It's a smaller company (80 employees) so it won't stay hidden for long. Especially when you are now CHOOSING to ignore your boss's emails and directions....

Old 03-22-2017, 05:50 PM

897 posts, read 1,180,446 times
My only advice is realize that if this coworker can plot against your boss, they sure as hell can plot against you. Don't bother with her, don't associate yourself with her, and stay off of her radar. I've seen this scenario go down plenty of times, and it never worked out well for the person who tried to play both sides.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:54 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,777,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frimpter928 View Post
I totally agree and that's what I am doing. i am feeding her enough, but not committing to a single thing. I told her, "Yes, I agree there are some things that the CMO needs to work on" or "yes, he should have handled that better", enough so that I am not fighting against her, but certainly not giving way on making statements that he needs to go, or that something needs to be done.

The things I am saying to her, I have no problem repeating to my boss's face, because they are not threatening nor dangerous, if anything it's neutral, but also feed her need in regards to trying to get me to agree with her.
Get off the fence. Stop "feeding" her. She's sinking her own ship and won't be a problem for you soon anyway. You are adding to the mess and "drama" that you say you want to avoid.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:06 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Get off the fence. Stop "feeding" her. She's sinking her own ship and won't be a problem for you soon anyway. You are adding to the mess and "drama" that you say you want to avoid.
Exactly. I would tell her you aren't discussing it anymore and to leave you out of it. She is pulling you down with her.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:08 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
This will all backfire on the instigator. When push comes to shove, everybody who is agreeing with her now, will not be there when confronted, when the stuff hits the fan. I will stay as far away as I can. If he is doing something wrong, or could be doing something better, then why not let him know that instead of trying to get the guy fired. I'm sure the guy needs his job just like the rest of you all. Try being apart of the solution, instead of being a part of crowd trying to fire the guy.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:16 PM

12,847 posts, read 9,055,079 times
So she's openly ignoring her boss's emails? Is she really or is that what she told you in order to get you to do the same? Have to wonder, if she's talking to you about the boss, what she's saying to the boss about you? You could well be her actual target here.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:35 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
She could end up throwing you under the bus op. When all is said and done, you could be the instigator. Things have a way of getting twisted around when hammer comes down.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:37 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times
How do you know she ignores the boss's emails? How does the boss prove someone "choosing" to ignore an email? This sounds like fake news. If the boss is really that bad..."sometimes a soldier falls on his own sword."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment