Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 10:36 PM

13,130 posts, read 21,001,609 times

Advertisements

If she plays hardball, they may just keep her on until her resignation date saying heck with paperwork and let her resignation come due so they avoid any benefits to her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 03:52 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,289,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezman View Post

At this point I've already gotten all the info I need but reading everyone's rants and defense of her employer is pretty entertaining. There's no good reason for her to update her letter of resignation her bosses admin just wants her to do it so they don't have to fill out more paperwork. Not her problem.
So why are you posting here? I guess you don't want to twisted logic of your decisions to be brought out in the light of day. 3 months advanced notice for a contract job. That's just funny!.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:46 AM

543 posts, read 1,382,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
So why are you posting here? I guess you don't want to twisted logic of your decisions to be brought out in the light of day. 3 months advanced notice for a contract job. That's just funny!.
I posted a question got a few helpful answers but then she got the real answer from the admin herself. I'm just still reading and posting for entertainment value.

If you think 3 months is bad I once gave 6 months so I could train my replacement. I was doing something that only <10 people in the country knew how to do and it was a very long and involved training process. My new employer was willing to wait because I was being hired to start up a project that didn't need to start right way. I'm actually back at the employer where I stuck around for 6 months in another capacity now. Edit: I would never recommend most people give 3 or 6 months though. In most cases I'd give at most 1 month.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:20 AM

9,865 posts, read 7,736,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezman View Post
I posted a question got a few helpful answers but then she got the real answer from the admin herself. I'm just still reading and posting for entertainment value.
So, entertain us too. What did the admin say? And what sort of work does she do?

Everyone is just trying to be helpful, based on their own experiences.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:39 AM

543 posts, read 1,382,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
So, entertain us too. What did the admin say? And what sort of work does she do?

Everyone is just trying to be helpful, based on their own experiences.
I already posted it above. The admin asked her to change the resignation date so she wouldn't have to file the contract renewal paperwork.

I'm appreciative of those who were trying to help. My entertainment is coming from those who are posting rants and making assumptions.

My wife is a physician and usually physician contracts usually have a 90 day notice requirement but this one does not (it would be frowned upon if she didn't give at least 2 months by future employers). I think this contract doesn't have a notice period because it's a 1 year contract that renews more or less automatically. Though that's the type of contract her last position had too and it still had a 90 notice requirement... so I really don't know.

Also, as I explained if they can't find her replacement the clinic has to close as it can't legally be run without her. She's in a particularly hard to recruit for specialty so she's trying to give them as much time as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment