Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 05:56 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,026,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
No one completes payroll on a Saturday, or is that when the pay period ends?
That's what I"m thinking as well..I think the pay week ends on Saturday and it's processed the Monday after.

Also, they make no mention of filling out a direct deposit authorization form...the employer can't direct deposit anything without knowing who and where to send the money. ( I assume they filled one out, but the OP sounds a bit confused so who knows)

As someone else stated...very rarely is your first paycheck ever DD...it's usually paper and then within one to two pay periods its DD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 11:05 AM

2,040 posts, read 4,555,611 times
All new employees at our company are specifically told that their first check is not direct deposited and they will receive a paper check. All paychecks after that are direct deposited.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:10 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
OP still hasn't returned to clarify but they did mention that they were paid once per month, in which case, that could be sufficient time to get direct deposit set up, even for the first paycheck.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:17 PM

2,756 posts, read 3,809,398 times
You can always use Kevin Hart's advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhM1dGyUca4

Last edited by txdemo; 07-06-2017 at 02:15 PM..

Old 07-06-2017, 01:45 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Your bank has no control over when a Direct Deposit goes in. The bank where the money is coming from has all day on the designated payday to put the money in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYK View Post
Long story short...

I started a new position and was initially under the impression pay day was the 1st of every month.
I was informed by HR that we were going to move it to the 5th and that payroll would be completed on the 1st.
Which was a Saturday.

Well as of this morning I have not received and my bank is not aware of any direct deposit pending.

With the holiday being the day before (4th of July) would that potentially delay the deposit....or should I contact my employer.

How long would you wait before inquiring with your employer as to why funds were not deposited?

Additional Info-

I was informed that direct deposit was how we were paid.

My concern is that payday has been moved once- now it looks like it's late. I'm looking for some
Feedback as to whether or not this is a company issue or a banking issue.

I was told by the bank that becuase payroll was processed on a Saturday and the fact that yesterday was a banking holiday might be the reason it's delayed.

That is a might and it makes me nervous that payday has already been moved.

Thanks for any insight guys- I'm just somewhat concerned as I did move for this job .

Old 07-06-2017, 06:58 PM

809 posts, read 1,331,286 times
Just ask. Second guessing it might be this or that is nonsense. Just ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment