Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 04:59 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,044,002 times

Advertisements

Mostly ignoring the foot race for the special stall, which is hilarious.

It depends on the building, location of bathroom and who is responsible for them.

If the two or more floors are occupied by the same company, use whatever bathroom you want. If they are different companies on different floors, if the bathrooms are in a relatively public area, like an elevator lobby, use whatever bathroom you want. If the bathrooms are behind another companies door, lobby, receptionist or similar, or if the different companies each have their own custodial crew, then you should respect their territory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 05:00 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,376,145 times
Again, I've misplaced my hard earned copy of "The Rules of the World". Damn.
I wonder what other rules the guy who believes we should all eliminate on our respective floors has in his book??

Old 08-17-2017, 05:40 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,017,642 times
This sounds like a "Curb Your Enthusiasm" plot line.

Old 08-17-2017, 05:47 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
I worked in a small office that owned the second floor of the building. Each floor had a bathroom with two or three stalls. All the women that worked on the second floor would use the 1st floor bathroom to poop. The first floor bathroom STUNK after lunch. It was disgusting. One of the male coworkers said he heard "bugle noises" coming from the bathroom when he was in the men's room.

Fortunately their company's lease ended and it wasn't rented out again.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:03 PM

10,891 posts, read 7,382,548 times
related to "bugle noises" but not the original thread:
the men's room was located next to one set of offices. We could hear the boss whistling while using the urinal. He favored "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." snicker.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:07 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,821,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
It's ridiculous to think people would limit your bathroom use to the floor you work on lol
The only thing more ridiculous is the thought of sprinting to the bathroom to get there before someone else

Old 08-17-2017, 06:17 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,643,419 times
That guy was just angry that you beat him to the bathroom and was finding any excuse to blame you.

But sheesh, who says you're stuck using the bathroom on your floor?? That's so dumb. I didn't know floors were so cliqueish.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:27 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
I work on the second floor of a high rise with multiple office tenants. Each floor has a men's restroom and a women's restroom. Can't speak to the women's restroom, but the men's have 3 urinals and have 2 cramped stalls with a huge gap between stall doors with no privacy and poor lighting, you literally have to step back toward the toilet when finished to open the stall door. The restrooms also contain one spacious stall with lighting overhead, a sink, and four to five times the space of the smaller stalls with more privacy.

If the spacious stall on my floor is occupied I've always gone to the first or third floor, occasionally having to go to fourth or fifth floor always using the stairs. Yesterday, I went to the first floor and saw someone else walking in the direction of the bathroom. I sensed he was going there so I started walking faster. Then he started walking faster until I broke out into a full sprint to get to the spacious stall first.

When I got out of the bathroom he was standing by the door and looked down and mumbled at me saying I had no reason to be there as I don't even work on that floor. Before I could retort he cowardly dashed into the bathroom, slamming the door.

Was I out of line? Today on our floor there was an out of order sign on the spacious stall. I became suspicious and opened it to find the toilet clogged multiple colors with leaking puddles around. Could it have been him?
Dude - of course you were. The local get dibs on the best stalls, everyone knows that. You should have quietly retreated to another floor and utilized their spacious stall.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:27 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
I use whatever bathroom on whatever floor. Even handicapped bathrooms of the regular one is taken. As far as I am concerned it's can be used by handicapped it's not ONLY for handicapped

Old 08-17-2017, 06:32 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,123,920 times
Maybe its just me and I'm old enough and been around long enough to not even let the other person's comments phase me.

I wish someone would open their mouth to say something about which bathroom I use. I'd ignore them, and keep about about my business without even lowing my steps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment