Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 11:32 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Simple fix cheap scumbag employers looking for fantasy fiction purple squirrels .. START INVESTING IN WORKFORCE AND TRAINING.. Tada!!!! All set!!!!!
stop looking for your purple enployer, they all want to employ qualified people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 11:37 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
stop looking for your purple enployer, they all want to employ qualified people

They want to employee, narrowly qualified people to the T to their specific specifications that don't exist. Which is why they are in the conundrum their in.

Funny we never had these problems for centuries before when companies weren't playing it cheap and investing in their workforce and potential qualified candidates with a great foundation to learn . Now all of a sudden its a "problem"

Old 10-28-2017, 11:40 AM

centuries ago, they had slaves that they worked to the death... why would picking people be a problem?

if you want freedom from an employer, they get to be free in choosing as well. not many people want to chain themselves for 30 years to a single employer...

look how few want to work for the govt to see that

Old 10-28-2017, 11:46 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
Quote:
centuries ago, they had slaves that they worked to the death... why would picking people be a problem?

if you want freedom from an employer, they get to be free in choosing as well. not many people want to chain themselves for 30 years to a single employer...

look how few want to work for the govt to see that

Most Employees will be loyal forever as long as the companies are loyal to them and some investment goes to them and the upper management doesn't become greedy. . Loyalty is a 2 way street. The loyalty from employees is gone because the employer caused it.

What few what to work for the government? I see a lot of people wanting a Fed job because they know there is 100x the job security there as opposed to the private sector today

Old 10-28-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
What few what to work for the government? I see a lot of people wanting a Fed job because they know there is 100x the job security there as opposed to the private sector today
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...al-government/
Less than 6 percent of graduating college seniors say their ideal career is in the federal government; only 7 percent of federal employees are under 30 years old.

where is the article saying people are flocking to public service?

Old 10-28-2017, 12:01 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,476,735 times
Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...al-government/
Less than 6 percent of graduating college seniors say their ideal career is in the federal government; only 7 percent of federal employees are under 30 years old.

where is the article saying people are flocking to public service?
Perhaps I'm wrong, but from what I've been told in years past, it's particularly difficult to get into the Fed without knowing someone. Nepotism and cronyism run rampant, no? Additionally, it might be the sign of the times. We currently have an administration that has been dead set on dismantling federal administrations and programs. So...is there really any job security with the fed? Maybe the fed doesn't have the allure it once did.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
Nepotism and cronyism run rampant, no?
and that is a bad thing? there are hundreds of openings here, if i could get it filled so i didnt have to pick up the workload, why would i not introduce people?

it isnt like i would introduce people i dont want to work with, so at least knowing i can work with them is a better screen than nothing

where are all the applicants? jobs are posted for over a year and either no one applies or they leave or someone retires.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
and that is a bad thing? there are hundreds of openings here, if i could get it filled so i didnt have to pick up the workload, why would i not introduce people?

it isnt like i would introduce people i dont want to work with, so at least knowing i can work with them is a better screen than nothing

where are all the applicants? jobs are posted for over a year and either no one applies or they leave or someone retires.
Your posts make no sense.

You say you want more people to apply to the Fed, but then argue that nepotism and cronyism are the prevailing theme in the hiring process. So, why would anyone apply to the fed if they don't have family or friends working there? It sounds like a waste of time otherwise.

Sorry, but with people making decisions like that in the fed, I'm not going to bother applying for jobs there either. Besides, the government is typically bloated with unambitious people who are Retired in Place. There's little to no room for career advancement as a result.

Good luck, though!

Old 10-28-2017, 01:43 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
Your posts make no sense.
She was an ESL student.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
She was an ESL student.
And works for the Fed? Well god bless America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment