Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 12:05 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times

Advertisements

Only a few days left this week. See what happens before you start worrying about if this person stays or not. I bet she's gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 12:43 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
She actually does sound like a bad employee.

She also seems like a desperate loser that will stab anyone in the back, in a pathetic attempt to turn a temp job into something permanent; when it actually has little chance of going in that direction.

And I've been in her position, because I have worked temp over the years from time to time. But I would never have meddled or harassed perm workers, at any assignment that I worked. I minded my own business and did not complain.

Old 10-24-2017, 05:33 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,134,122 times
I have only read to page three of this thread, so don't know if this has been addressed further on but I would be the most concerned with the manager. If your director has your back I would try to get him to talk to the manager giving his perceptions of you and of the situation. Is the director also over the manager? If so he may want to take a look at how she is doing in her new position so far as well.

Old 10-24-2017, 05:48 PM

2,241 posts, read 1,476,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
I have only read to page three of this thread, so don't know if this has been addressed further on but I would be the most concerned with the manager. If your director has your back I would try to get him to talk to the manager giving his perceptions of you and of the situation. Is the director also over the manager? If so he may want to take a look at how she is doing in her new position so far as well.
Yes, the manager reports to my director. I'm not fully aware of any discussions they may have had about this situation. They may have talked about it, but I'm unsure.

My director has been fairly open to me about the situation other than that. He has nothing positive to say about the temp, and has even provided examples of how she came to him to try and sabotage another one of his new hires. He told me she was 'pretty stupid' if she thought telling him that someone he hired was a mistake, because what does that say about how she feels about his hiring decisions.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:02 PM

12,847 posts, read 9,060,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
Yesterday, I was the first person in the office per the usual, and she came in. So we were alone in our little cubby area, and she came over to my desk to once again tell me that her last day is supposed to be this week, but apparently they are trying to work on making her full time....
Whatever you do, never, ever, ever, be in a room alone with her.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Whatever you do, never, ever, ever, be in a room alone with her.
Yes, I absolutely agree. I was extremely uncomfortable and almost got up to leave the office because nobody else was here yet. Usually my co-worker is here the same time as me, so I don't worry about it. But she is on PTO this week.

Only three more days of this nightmare, hopefully...

Old 10-25-2017, 11:16 AM

2,894 posts, read 2,453,459 times
Quote:
Yes, I absolutely agree. I was extremely uncomfortable and almost got up to leave the office because nobody else was here yet. Usually my co-worker is here the same time as me, so I don't worry about it. But she is on PTO this week.

[b]Only three more days of this nightmare, hopefully...[b]

As of now, 2 1/2. It's ALMOST OVER!!!!!!!! Go out Friday night and celebrate!!!!

This too shall pass. As your manager works longer with you, she will get to know who you are, how you NEVER overreact in that manner, and realize what a boatload of crap this was. REALLY!

Old 10-25-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy2U View Post
As of now, 2 1/2. It's ALMOST OVER!!!!!!!! Go out Friday night and celebrate!!!!

This too shall pass. As your manager works longer with you, she will get to know who you are, how you NEVER overreact in that manner, and realize what a boatload of crap this was. REALLY!
Thanks!

My director and I ended up taking a walk today for an off site meeting, and he brought it up that her last day is Friday. He seems to be adamant about reassuring me of her dismissal, so I'm grateful for that.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:39 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,205 times
Quote:
Thanks!

My director and I ended up taking a walk today for an off site meeting, and he brought it up that her last day is Friday. He seems to be adamant about reassuring me of her dismissal, so I'm grateful for that.
Sometimes there is justice. No one should be allowed to behave the way that she behaved.

What's the saying: You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Sometimes there is justice. No one should be allowed to behave the way that she behaved.

What's the saying: You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
Yep. I think they caught on pretty quickly. She's no longer with us as of Friday. I drank some wine last night in celebration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment