Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 08:30 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There is nothing wrong with the photos shown, and I think they are quite nice.
The whole point is that it only matters what her employer thinks in this case. Whether anyone else likes/dislikes the pics is irrelevant.

Actions have consequences, and her employer had standards that employees needed to meet.

She didn't meet that standard. So she was fired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 08:32 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Did it say they were using the pics for a save the date? I didn't see that.

It was a boudoir shoot, and the photographer did a great job.
Ok. They maybe we're talking about two different standards. With a boudoir shoot, you don't post the pics on a website or allow anyone to post them.

The standard for posting pics where you are easily recognizable and you have a position of respect in a small town bank calls for a standard that you would use on your sabe the date postcards, IMHO.

Unless someone stole these and posted them against their wishes, these are inappropriate, IMHO. And reflect poorly on the judgement of the two in the pics. Very.

Because they are as public as a save the date postcard.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:35 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The whole point is that it only matters what her employer thinks in this case. Whether anyone else likes/dislikes the pics is irrelevant.

Actions have consequences, and her employer had standards that employees needed to meet.

She didn't meet that standard. So she was fired.
IMHO, it matters what the public thinks. When you make a decision like this, to fire an exec at a bank, you do it because the public now disrespects the person in the pics, for whatever reason. They have stirred up negative reaction from the public.

And I think 90K shares would qualify as "stirring up a negative reaction".

Old 10-07-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Did it say they were using the pics for a save the date? I didn't see that.

It was a boudoir shoot, and the photographer did a great job.
I know I keep responding to your posts, but you are posting things that catch my interest.

In my experience, good boudoir photographers have a keen sense of esthetics, and know what to play up and what to disguise. Some of the pics in the shoot are sweet, and play up the best qualities of both partners.

That straddle one is not that way. Given the subjects, I can't envision a less flattering photo than that one. I'm tempted to believe the photographer purposely took that photo, and spread it on the internet, to get attention for herself and create shock value when it goes viral.

I honestly can't. I can't picture the two posed in a way that is less attractive than that picture.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:50 AM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I don't find that picture particularly appealing myself, but the girl in the pic likes it and that's fine with me.

I'm not going to get all in a hoo-haw because she is a big girl, that's not my business. There is nothing obscene about the pictures and no prohibited parts are showing. To me it is completely a non-issue.

I think the banks reaction is stupid, and if I banked there I would close my account.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-07-2017, 09:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
IMHO, it matters what the public thinks. When you make a decision like this, to fire an exec at a bank, you do it because the public now disrespects the person in the pics, for whatever reason. They have stirred up negative reaction from the public.

And I think 90K shares would qualify as "stirring up a negative reaction".
Is she your employee? Than you have zero input on whether she is employed. So it does not matter what the public thinks.

Do you honestly believe an employer is going to say, huh, look at everyone posting on FB that they love half-naked pics of my employee straddling her partner?

Maybe I should change my policy to allow all my employees to post half naked picture of themselves straddling their partners. Seems like a good business policy.

Uh, no. It's a bank, not a bar, not a tattoo business. It's a bank. Not surprising that she was fired.

What is surprising is the inability of people to understand that. And that understanding that has ZERO to do with whether you like the pics or not.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Is she your employee? Than you have zero input on whether she is employed. So it does not matter what the public thinks.

Do you honestly believe an employer is going to say, huh, look at everyone posting on FB that they love half-naked pics of my employee straddling her partner?

Maybe I should change my policy to allow all my employees to post half naked picture of themselves straddling their partners. Seems like a good business policy.

Uh, no. It's a bank, not a bar, not a tattoo business. It's a bank. Not surprising that she was fired.

What is surprising is the inability of people to understand that. And that understanding that has ZERO to do with whether you like the pics or not.
I'm not sure I understand your hostility.

I understand the reasons she was fired, and I agree with them, for the exact reasons you state.

How are we disagreeing here? I think maybe you've mistaken me for a different poster.

Old 10-07-2017, 10:37 AM

765 posts, read 574,213 times
What was the reaction on this forum to that idiot at google who was fired for spreading that sexist manifesto around?

Old 10-07-2017, 02:20 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,432,751 times
Next time just shoot some random person, that's okay... But one little piece of skin... horrendous... Folks are exactly like in the middle east..... So 14th century.....

Old 10-07-2017, 07:39 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,278,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab276 View Post
What was the reaction on this forum to that idiot at google who was fired for spreading that sexist manifesto around?
Why don't you start a different thread and find out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment