Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 06:42 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

She wasn't fired because she was fat. Get real. Thy never would have HIRED her in the first place if this was the case.

They fired her because she has no common sense. Had she kept the pics private, there would be NO ISSUE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 06:48 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,216,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g89 View Post
Keep your private life 'private'.
Or just don't depend on master for a paycheck

Old 10-04-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmexman View Post
We need to establish regulations so innocent employees would be protected from being fired for innocent acts like this by judgmental employers.
Yes exactly.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:55 AM

901 posts, read 747,412 times
^^^Oh no look guise another "rebel". Get back to work

Old 10-04-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
This woman has poor judgment. I will not put my life savings in a bank that employs people with poor judgment.
OMG how dare a human being do what she did!?!? Thank Jesus and Allah you never had sex, undressed yourself to take a shower, and always followed the heard like the sheep you are! How could you ever leave your precious money with a women like that?????

The bank I go to all their employees do not ever sex on their off time, they ALL go to church every Sunday, and are just perfect robots protecting my money. It is nice having peace of mind knowing my money is in such safe hands!!

Last edited by JPrzybylski07; 10-04-2017 at 07:13 AM..

Old 10-04-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
^^^Oh no look guise another "rebel". Get back to work
Unfortunately yes after 3 years being self employed I had go back to the 9-5... It's pretty sad.... Thankfully, I'm not too deep in the rat race so I don't have to completely conform and be a robot.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
They're not showing any private areas and they're barely kissing. It's no more extreme than something you'd see in an mainstream commercial advertisement. Plus, it's her fiance, so it doesn't run up against a morality clause there, if her employers are old-fashioned about promiscuity. I agree with whomever upthread said the pics were likely used as an excuse to fire a pregnant person without overtly violating state or federal law. I've seen enough businesses creatively push preggos out of the workplace that I find that entirely possible.
Exactly, all of a sudden it seems everyone following this thread is a nun or priest. Are we still living in the 1940's??? Most people are just insecure with themselves so they compensate by becoming over judgmental when someone else doesn't follow the status quo... She literally didn't nothing wrong from a moral or legal perspective.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
Good. If you work for a company, you are often regarded as a representation of that company and are expected to maintain a certain code of conduct. If this is in fact a family company, I could see why they would be against public photos of one of their employees with no top on, embracing someone she isn't married to yet. Do I agree with the decision to fire her? Not particularly. However, companies have an image to maintain. Employees are expected to maintain that image. If people want to live a life of complete freedom, they need to work for themselves or find a company whose values match their own.
Fair enough, well said.... It's true, when you are an employee you are not free as long as you need the paycheck.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:31 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I don't see any grounds for a lawsuit, neither the overweight nor the exhibitionist is a protected class. Texas is an “employment-at-will” state so people may be fired for any reason.
Nor do I, but it'd still be interesting.

I don't see anything wrong with the pictures and I wouldn't have fired her over them if she was otherwise a good employee. I would give her some free advice about keeping her private life private, though. I'm not sure she expected them to go viral, but that's the risk you take when you share something in this day and age (I suppose).

I'm EXTREMELY careful these days about what I share and what I say on social media. I rarely comment or "like" something on LinkedIn (I only do so to keep my profile fresh). My Facebook page is locked down pretty tight but for extra security, I search for coworkers on FB and actively block them. (I especially search for the entire HR team.)

Old 10-04-2017, 07:47 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
OMG how dare a human being do what she did!?!? Thank Jesus and Allah you never had sex, undressed yourself to take a shower, and always followed the heard like the sheep you are! How could you ever leave your precious money with a women like that?????

The bank I go to all their employees do not ever sex on their off time, they ALL go to church every Sunday, and are just perfect robots protecting my money. It is nice having peace of mind knowing my money is in such safe hands!!
Huh? I have no problem with her having sex. I have a problem when she makes it public. This is weird, narcissistic behavior that shows poor judgment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment