Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 02:47 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times

Advertisements

It depends on where you are traveling too, I have been asked to go to dirty crap holes where its questionable if the heat will work in 20 below or filthy conditions and I have flat out declined. But if you have a nice hotel and a company provided tranport, why not.

Im good unless its a dirty crap hole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
As your boss I do not give pffffffffft for your mutt, and if you want to drive the five hours yourself fine. If you are not up to this, I'd put a red X next to your name for future reference. The next refusal for anything and out you go. Dead meat.
Are you paying enough for anyone to care lol. Pandering to an employer in this way is toxic, you end up with bottled up resentment that can effect your health, etc. It would have to be 180k plus otherwise I dont care about your red X's, I am going to protect my health.

I decide what I will do and not do, not my employer. Espeically if this is a run of the mill sub 100k job.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
This is such a funny thread. Can you imagine your dad back in the day telling his boss he can't go on a business trip because he has "social anxiety" and his dogs need their arthritis medication?

What a world!
Men who respected themselves and did not string themselves out on debt did not make up excuses, they were on equal footing with the employer (possibly in a union) and simply said no and that was the end of it. Was your family plantation slaves?

Old 10-11-2017, 05:21 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post

I decide what I will do and not do, not my employer. Espeically if this is a run of the mill sub 100k job.
Life must be awfully good for some folk.

Old 10-12-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Life must be awfully good for some folk.
You just have to decide it up front, you decide for yourself that if they cant treat you like a professional then I might as well go work at a ghetto liquor store, at least those people are not pertentious.

You have to decide what your dignity and health is worth, when you are forced to internalize aborant behavior and cant act out its very toxic.

YOU decide what you put up with, if you have a wife that is just as bad as your boss then perhaps a new passport and language is in order, you are on earth and this is life the possibilities are endless.

Forcing someone to travel is aborant, espeically if the hassle is not compensated directly above and beyond normal salery (not hopes that your handlers will look favorably like your in the hunger games). YOU have to tolerate this to make it so. Even more especailly if its a crap hole with substandard infrastructure and ammenities.

You have to trust in Jesus and let the cards fall where they may, I am not going to pander to evil men so that they can destroy my soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment