Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 01:09 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times

Advertisements

I cracked a joke at work a month ago, and it was well-received, laughed at, by everyone but this one woman who found it offensive, and she proceeded to write me up to the Director of Nurses. Even the Director of Nurses found it funny! But, as she told me, I have no choice but to have you in for this meeting and you must now complete a 40 minute video on Sexual Harrassment.

The joke (given this woman has called in sick so often): The only excuse I accept for calling off is you're so horny that you may endanger your co-workers or patients!

And, I can't believe this woman now has the gall to say Hello to me!

In my eyes, she resides in a casket! The day I return a hello to her...........................................:rol leyes:

Like my other co-workers who came to my rescue, they commented: this woman has issues!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 01:31 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,041,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Define "fallen out" (I think you mean "falling out"). Because if it means being irritated and/or simply not liking someone, that's pretty common (at least for me). If it means a full blown shouting match and you no longer speak to one another, that's never happened to me.
Well, not the shouting match, but this co-worke4 won't speak to me because of a work process suggestion I made about where the price on certain items is to be located.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:22 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,299,572 times
Luckily, I have not had issues that permanently ruined relationships. But I think it's natural to bicker or have a row with people you work with because you are with them all day, five days a week. I got in an argument with a coworker because she got upset when I hung up on her. But we worked it out immediately rather than let it fester and remain friends to this day even though we haven't worked together in 15 years.

I did get into it with a FORMER coworker because I blogged about her (but not naming names). I had forgotten that she read my blog occasionally, and I hadn't worked there in a while so I wrote out a not-so-flattering story of something that happened when we worked together. Well, I was horrified (and rightfully so) when she posted a comment in response to my post. I apologized profusely for my lack in judgment, and let her ream me out over the course of several email. I felt so terrible. I immediately deleted the post, replaced it with an apology post (again not naming names), and we never spoke again.

I learned my lesson after that - I never blog about work, and I only blog stories involving friends if I get their permission first.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:14 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Oh lordy that takes me back to a quirky small hospital I worked for about 8 years. My direct supervisor took a liking to me and was pushing for us to be friends. She was a very intelligent, articulate woman and against my better judgement, we became friends. It went south pretty quick because she would constantly cancel outings at the last minute. She had bipolar issues and was bisexual. She made a hint that made my skin crawl. The friendship ended and I was able to sign up to work on days that she was off.

It was odd that I also had another friendship that I made at that hospital go south. She was equally as crazy and wound up divorced with her two children not wanting anything to do with her. I had to walk away from that train wreck as well. It was a weird place to work but I really loved it there for those 8 years until the hospital changed hands.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:07 AM

924 posts, read 752,195 times
Back when I worked as the church secretary, I had a minor falling-out with the guy who was working as our custodian/maintenance person. (I'll call him "Eric"). I didn't have much involvement with "Eric" because I worked in the morning, and he mostly worked during the late afternoons and evenings.....if I needed to communicate with him, I either left a note on his desk, or called his cell phone.

Part of Eric's job was to set up for different groups that were meeting on the church property, and at some point, I guess there were issues with him either not doing this, or not doing things the way he was supposed to. Apparently "Eric" put the blame for this on me......claiming that it was "my" fault because I hadn't passed on the correct information to him. (it wasn't my responsibility in the first place, it was the head of the church's trustee committee who was supposed to communicate with "Eric" about setting up for events)

Old 10-10-2017, 11:10 AM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
sas318, So you learned to play by her rules? Just trying to understand how that is a healthy way to conduct business?
I didn't learn. I held my feelings in for 8 months because I was trying to do the right thing, but I succumbed to those feelings after 8 months.

Business still goes on as usual, even right now. She's still doing her work and I'm still doing mine. When we talk about work, we talk to each other normally and both act like nothing is wrong. But body language, walking around the office, you can tell. Passive aggressive things. I pick up on how people behave around me.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:23 AM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairMindedLL View Post
She should have been let go once her costly mistakes were discovered. Why wasn’t she fired?
Because there are personal feelings involved. Firing is out of the question. Original Owner who started this company hired her 20+ years ago, so Original Owners have known her for 20+ years. They've had many lunches together, gone to parties together, have social conversations together. It's almost a friendship. You can't fire your "friend" or someone whom you've grown to know for 20+ years. She is not a family member either. We are all still human with feelings, so business is never solely about business.

As a side note, A/P and A/R were her secondary responsibilities, and since I took it over, she is doing her primary job, which she's good at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment