Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 01:20 AM

2 posts, read 4,278 times

Advertisements

I just got fired due to a random drug test and really upset about it. For reference it was due to marijuana. It has been the only "drug" I have ever had. And I smoked one bowl 8 days ago. I get that I will not much sympathy and I admit I messed up, but it gets me that this is an issue in the first place. Especially when people that can take hard/lethal drugs can easily pass the drug test in just a few days.

I am married and have a two year old son and my husband isn't mad but now due to our stupid puritan society I have to look for another job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 03:43 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,383,576 times
If it's Policy, it is what it is, sorry you find yourself in this position.

Old 04-14-2018, 05:28 AM

811 posts, read 622,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iameupr View Post
I just got fired due to a random drug test and really upset about it. For reference it was due to marijuana. It has been the only "drug" I have ever had. And I smoked one bowl 8 days ago. I get that I will not much sympathy and I admit I messed up, but it gets me that this is an issue in the first place. Especially when people that can take hard/lethal drugs can easily pass the drug test in just a few days.

I am married and have a two year old son and my husband isn't mad but now due to our stupid puritan society I have to look for another job.
"Stupid puritan society". That's rich. And far, far from the truth.

This is 100% your fault and a result of your stupidity; don't blame it on society, culture, or whatever other cockamamie excuse you want to pull out. You're a mother with a 2-year old... time to grow up.

BTW: What exactly was your motivation for posting this? Along with being a drug user you must also enjoy verbal beat downs.

Old 04-14-2018, 05:39 AM

130,418 posts, read 12,124,678 times
I hope you can find a new job, one without drug testing. Policy is policy, you have to live with it.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:01 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,586,772 times
I think that’s absurd honestly. Smoking on the job, yeah that’s an issue, but smoking in your personal time who cares? I would have said you use cbd oil for arthritis pain and left it at that. But I guess policy is policy so you’ll have to find a new job. In the meantime don’t smoke because most require a drug test prior to hire. At my work place we have to take one prior to employment and then they require “random” drug testing but they never, ever do it. I guess if they had reason to think you were high at work maybe they would but I know some of my colleagues smoke outside work and have never been tested. Heck some of them y’all about it at work and no, it’s not legal here.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:09 AM

1,104 posts, read 920,077 times
Drugs are everywhere so I don't get why people are so hard up about it. They are in every race, age, class, and place on earth. I don't do them anymore but don't have an issue with people who do whatever. That's your thing, don't care. Why should your capability of doing a job interfere with what you do?

Yes they are illegal. Guess what, your managers are probably doing them, and their managers are probably doing them too, everyone around you is doing drugs or at least has experimented with drugs. You can't just hide underneath your bed and pretend they don't exist.

Everyone is doing drugs or is going to do drugs. Yes, it feels great. No, it's not something to rely on. Yes, other people are missing out. No, don't introduce others. Yes, give good advice about drugs. No, don't ever sell them.

What is ironic is that people are getting fired for smoking small quantities of pot while their own management is headfirst in a mountain of cocaine and it's the people on the low end that have to pick up the slack. Just easy targets.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:52 AM

29,521 posts, read 22,674,035 times
So the military shouldn't be testing for drug use and kicking people out for smoking marijuana?

Old 04-14-2018, 07:18 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,506,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb View Post

Everyone is doing drugs or is going to do drugs. Yes, it feels great. No, it's not something to rely on. Yes, other people are missing out. No, don't introduce others. Yes, give good advice about drugs. No, don't ever sell them.
Not true. I know any number of people who don't do drugs, and never have, including myself.

Is the prohibition of some drugs bad policy? Absolutely. But, if your employer makes it clear that there may be random tests, then be prepared for the consequences.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:54 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,654,949 times
Like, bummer, man! Did you get grounded?

Old 04-14-2018, 07:56 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iameupr View Post

What is the mother of a two year old son doing smoking pot ? Nice example you are setting there. I expected to see this thread started by some pot head guy, but not a female.....especially a mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment