Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 02:08 AM

177 posts, read 132,210 times

Advertisements

I have been pretty much bullied mainly by my manager and some of my peers during my whole entire tenure of three years at my current company I never reported it and probably will not as I have decided it’s best to just move on and find work elsewhere . As you know in my previous posts I work in a contact center and with mainly woman where there are cliques , cutthroat, backbiting , cattiness . I’ve gotten used to it for the most part and really didn’t think about if anyone might have been going through the same situation. I just recently found out there are a couple of us who are being bullied . Yesterday one of my team mates confided in me she herself has been bullied and harassed so harshly that she sees a therapist . And made me feel a sigh of relief as I had all this time blamed myself , my main thought was what was it about me that made me dislikeable
And then I asked myself well who are the main victims of this so called “workplace mobbing “ that seems to permeate our work culture . It seems if you are mean , vindictive , a gossiper then you are accepted . The worst thing about of it all is top management knows about it and does nothing .what does that say about the company and who’s to blame ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 02:37 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,263,596 times
Department of Labor is the agency to contact for work place situations like you describe, contact them regardless, but it is especially helpful if there are people who can support your complaints. It may prevent others from going through this too. https://www.dol.gov/

Old 05-27-2018, 10:31 AM

Bump

Old 05-27-2018, 11:03 AM

497 posts, read 425,833 times
This is my work environment also. For awhile, we were all getting along once all the bullies moved on by getting promotions.
Now, we have some new people and we are starting to see who the new bullies are. In my field, it attracts a lot of psycho and they thrive! They are so emotionally detached and you can't break them.

It is very, very sad and it does cause stress over time. I can't leave because I just got perm. full-time position which took me many years to obtain.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:27 AM

It’s sad

Old 05-27-2018, 11:40 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,413,073 times
Bullies operate in ways so that their victims often don't see them bullying others.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:14 PM

Right I notice that if you are attractive physically you will get bullied what does that say about this person who bully

Bullies operate in ways so that their victims often don't see them bullying others.[/quote]

Old 05-27-2018, 01:50 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,478,003 times
I worked in one of these types of environments, and I hated when new people started. You could slowly see their authentic self being diminished over time. I wanted so bad to say, "Get out while you can!" but unfortunately it's one of those situations where it's in everyone's best interest to let people find out for themselves. People will just deny there's a problem if confronted and will make you out to be the bad guy even though everyone knows the truth.

Employers: get these toxic idiots out of your organizations AS SOON AS you know they exist, otherwise you'll be sorry.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:05 PM

5,724 posts, read 4,322,605 times
Not that I dont believe you OP, but what are the bullying behaviors? You havent mentioned anything that constitutes bullying yet, just vague references to cattiness and backbiting.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:02 PM

3,157 posts, read 2,273,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbieontheblock86 View Post
It’s sad
What’s even more sad is your willingness to roll over and let yourself be kicked in the nads on a continuous basis. Stand up for yourself and take charge of your life! This person needs to be reported to everyone you can think of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment