Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 02:37 PM

177 posts, read 131,643 times

Advertisements

I don’t know what the hell happenned but my my maxi pad must have shifted and my period ending up leaking unto my pants and got it my seat
I’m so embarrassed and one of my coworkers pointed it out

I’m freaking out right now like I want to leave and never come back ..

Lord why did this have to happen to me
Soooooo embarrasses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 03:03 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,244,243 times
If you work with mature people, it is unlikely that anyone will ever mention it. In any event, your coworkers will take their cue from you. Just behave normally and professionally. Do not bring it up. If someone else does, just remain calm and respond civilly but in a manner that does not invite further discussion. Something like, "Yes, that was unfortunate. It has been taken care of now." Then shift the conversation to something work-related.

If you don't make a big deal out of it, it is unlikely that anyone else will. Before long, no one will remember.

You are not the first person this has happened to. it may feel like the end of the world, but it is not. You may feel like everyone is staring at you and talking about you. They are not. They've got problems of their own that are of more interest to them. It is likely that most of them don't know anything about it. Just behave normally and others will likely do the same.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:41 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,244,243 times
I should have included a caveat in the event that you have one or more coworkers who are socially and emotionally arrested at the age of 12. If someone wants to continue to bring up the incident to embarrass, humiliate, or hurt you in some way, your best defense is going to be to seize the offense.

Maintain your "Yes, it was unfortunate, but it has been taken care of" response, but turn their persistence back on them. You don't even need to be aggressive or angry, just something like "Can you help me understand what you feel you have to gain by continuing to belabor this issue?" (Or words that say the same thing that are more natural to you.) Just remain calm and sort of curious, "What benefit are you getting from keeping this going? It harmed no one and really had nothing to do with you. It seems rather juvenile to keep poking at it." Don't defend or try to explain or otherwise discuss what happened to you. Keep the focus on them and their persistence in discussing it.

Whatever you do, don't let anyone think they can upset you or hurt you by continuing to bring it up. Just brush them off and refuse to rise to the bait. If you think it might work, as a last resort, you can always ask (in a bored tone) "What are you, 12?"

I hope you don't have any jerky colleagues. I know this is uncomfortable for you, and the last thing you want to have to do is deal with bullies. The grown-ups will likely never mention it and will have forgotten it by the end of the week. In any event, something else will soon happen to distract the attention of anyone who seems to want to keep bringing it up.

Old 06-05-2018, 04:24 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,663,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post
I should have included a caveat in the event that you have one or more coworkers who are socially and emotionally arrested at the age of 12. If someone wants to continue to bring up the incident to embarrass, humiliate, or hurt you in some way, your best defense is going to be to seize the offense.
This might also be a good point for OP to use hyperactive PC to her favor... report this behavior to HR as harassment that's creating a hostile workplace.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:51 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,137,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaofan View Post
If you work with mature people, it is unlikely that anyone will ever mention it. In any event, your coworkers will take their cue from you. Just behave normally and professionally. Do not bring it up. If someone else does, just remain calm and respond civilly but in a manner that does not invite further discussion. Something like, "Yes, that was unfortunate. It has been taken care of now." Then shift the conversation to something work-related.

If you don't make a big deal out of it, it is unlikely that anyone else will. Before long, no one will remember.

You are not the first person this has happened to. it may feel like the end of the world, but it is not. You may feel like everyone is staring at you and talking about you. They are not. They've got problems of their own that are of more interest to them. It is likely that most of them don't know anything about it. Just behave normally and others will likely do the same.

This answer is perfect. It was something that happened that you could not really prevent. Sometimes life puts us in awkward positions. No reason it should be brought up after it was taken care of, and is in the past. With work and thier own lives, they will forget it quickly as it is. And do not beat yourself up over it either. Start to forget about it just as quickly.

You will be fine, and anyone looking to drag it out like a skit on a TV show would make themselves look like a complete moron.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:57 AM

177 posts, read 131,643 times
Yeah you would think I had someone sort of bring it up today ..I just ignored it

Old 06-06-2018, 10:59 AM

130,332 posts, read 12,105,905 times
It happens, part of life, just keep moving along.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:31 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,789,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbieontheblock86 View Post
I don’t know what the hell happenned but my my maxi pad must have shifted and my period ending up leaking unto my pants and got it my seat
I’m so embarrassed and one of my coworkers pointed it out

I’m freaking out right now like I want to leave and never come back ..

Lord why did this have to happen to me
Soooooo embarrasses
I'd be a tad upset with a co-worker for pointing it out. The class thing to do would be to tell you by whispering in your ear and asking how you'd want to take care of this.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:16 PM

1,104 posts, read 919,788 times
It was an accident, these things will happen. Unfortunately you were the one god picked that day to have the accident. That probably won't help much for how you feel now, but only a jerk is going to really pay attention or remember it. Decent people will forget about it.

If this happened to a colleague on my team I would make fun out of them for a week. We're on good terms though so we're comfortable making fun of each other all the time about pretty much everything and anything. It's nice in one way, other people would find it kind of weird? Maybe this is why none of the temps seem to last.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:36 PM

24,636 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Time to fill out that two weeks notice resignation letter.

No one would say anything to your face about it, but when you’re gone, they’re probably cracking jokes left and right.

Sometimes it’s best to have a fresh start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment