Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 01:49 PM

51 posts, read 109,759 times

Advertisements

...and completely ignores you, do you still say good morning and/or goodbye or do you complete ignore them right back? Curious what others do.... Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 01:57 PM

317 posts, read 224,110 times
Keep being friendly. If your coworker is not a team player and can't be bothered with a simple social pleasantry, it may eventually be noticed by your supervisor and will reflect badly on them, not you. If it were me, I would still cheerfully say hello and be myself.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:08 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,288,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso Blu View Post
Keep being friendly. If your coworker is not a team player and can't be bothered with a simple social pleasantry, it may eventually be noticed by your supervisor and will reflect badly on them, not you. If it were me, I would still cheerfully say hello and be myself.
I agree.

Anyone who doesn't fit in well with others at work usually doesn't last very long on the job. Beyond skills, some people don't realize how important it is to get along with co-workers. Because no one likes coming into an office where people are at odds with each other constantly.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:12 PM

326 posts, read 199,556 times
I could care less who likes me at work. I'm not there to make friends.

Thankfully my current position is the best one I've ever had. Been here 4 years and everyone gets along.... boss is mellow... and there is no drama.

I've had positions in the past however where people didn't like me and kept their nose in the air. Good for them. I didn't lose any sleep over it. If they chose to ignore me I did the same. I didn't go out of my way to be friendly to them and only conversed when it was required for work.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:23 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Ignore them.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:25 PM

80 posts, read 50,198 times
I can't count how many people I've worked with who didn't like me. You know what? The way I see it is that I'm there to get a job done and if someone wants to be rude, that's his problem.

Focus on the job itself, not the idiots that you're forced to endure.

Now for someone ignoring you, that person may not necessarily dislike you (not that it matters if he does dislike you). I ignore people too. That's because I do my best to stay 100% focused on the job. I'm not paid to run my mouth.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:35 PM

8,044 posts, read 10,638,176 times
You just smile politely when necessary, talk to them very minimally, all the while thinking to yourself "you're dead to me".

Old 07-12-2018, 03:37 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,882,281 times
I've had one colleague that didn't like me for an unknown reason (at the time), she was payroll manager, I was staffing manager so there was necessary interaction.

I simply kept it cool and professional. She was a bit of an emotional drama queen and fortunately our management knew it. It was a relief when she finally left on her own.

I later found out she hated me because I was hired into a higher wage than her. Thang was, I took a 20% pay cut to take that position.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:40 PM

718 posts, read 620,358 times
I find it puzzling when you go into a work place and you see there are so many weirdo introverts functioning in society. its unbelievable.. Ive worked in many jobs with nasty, unfriendly, pieces of wood that would walk right over a dead body without a care in the world. Its truly shocking.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:32 PM

1,104 posts, read 919,622 times
It is professional to say hello or good morning to co-workers. If you're feuding with somebody, you are still allowed to say hello, good morning, and so on sometimes. Of course they are not entitled to answer you.

Ignoring others and not greeting them is unprofessional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment