Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 07:23 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I hate wearing a bra, too. I take mine off as soon as I come in my apt door, before the shoes come off, even. Good for them. I wouldn't be comfortable knowing everyone was aware of my swinging breasts, but I don't blame them for wanting to be as comfortable as the men.
Who said we're "comfortable"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 08:15 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,433,260 times
I will say what all man are thinking.
Just live your life without a bra, Nothing wrong with that....

Old 09-02-2018, 08:43 AM

5,251 posts, read 3,610,760 times
Allow me to offer a hand in support of this issue!

Last edited by Hefe; 09-02-2018 at 08:53 AM..

Old 09-02-2018, 09:30 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Human rights allow people to live their own lives unencumbered by the personal pet peeves of people who have more power than they. I haven't met you, but I'm sure I could come up with certain types of undergarments that you would object to being forced to wear, and without good reason for me imposing that on you, you would be justified in your objection. The point is that, in return for the considerations society grants businesses to pursue profit, businesses should keep their nose out of employees' personal matters that the business cannot prove track directly to that pursuit of profit. That goes especially for matters that are specific to one gender, one race, one ethnicity, etc.
Be serious. Everyone is forced to wear things on the job. Hell, I have had to wear a full suit and tie every day for a long time. Should I call it a human rights issue that I have to wear a tie every day and women don't?

There are real problems with gender equality, and there are real problems with workplace discrimination. This is not a human rights issue (and calling it one is trivializing real human rights issues), spending time fighting for this over important issues is just silly.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:46 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
Be serious. Everyone is forced to wear things on the job. Hell, I have had to wear a full suit and tie every day for a long time. Should I call it a human rights issue that I have to wear a tie every day and women don't?

There are real problems with gender equality, and there are real problems with workplace discrimination. This is not a human rights issue (and calling it one is trivializing real human rights issues), spending time fighting for this over important issues is just silly.
Amen.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:00 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
"She says she had no inkling being braless was an issue until a few weeks later when she received the restaurant's new dress code. It stated: "Women must wear either a tank top or bra under their uniform shirt."

Because she served tables at an outdoor patio in hot weather, Schell had no desire to wear an undershirt, either.
"

All they have to do is alter their dress code to include men.

"Employees must wear either a tank top, t-shirt, or bra under their uniform shirt."

Old 09-02-2018, 10:04 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,324,191 times
It would be fun to see men and women to wear, or not, whatever they wanted to come to work.

It would be fun to see women to wear no bra and men shirts or polo shirts and shorts and sandals to work (if the work environment is casual)

It would be fun to see any men to wear makeup, very red lipstick, high heels, dresses, skirts, low cut blouses, dangling earrings to work.

It would be more fun to see men and women not to wear anything at all (like in the primitive time) to go to work because it is "human rights". People can wear whatever they want to feel comfortable and so they can work productively. Right? Hah!

What a free world!

The truth is somebody feels comfortable with something does not mean everybody else is comfortable with that person's feelings. On your own time, at home, you can do/wear whatever you want.

But at work, there are rules, policies, dress codes that employees have to follow. The boss, employer, HR to make such policies, dress codes and expect employees to comply and to show respect for each other. If anyone does not want to follow, s/he is free to leave the company.

I’m a woman, I do feel uncomfortable with wearing a bra too. But I see it would be very weird and unprofessional if women came to work, not to wear it, and they walked around with their breasts dangling up and down. Yeah, maybe some women want them that way to get attentions from others and/or attract men.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:19 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOrdinaryCitizen View Post
. . . it would be very weird and unprofessional if women came to work, not to wear it, and they walked around with their breasts dangling up and down. Yeah, maybe some women want them that way to get attentions from others and/or attract men.
The dress code states that tank tops are acceptable.

A tank top will not stop a dangling breast from dangling.

So, even dangling breasts are acceptable by the employer in question.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:47 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
If customers are complaining then something has to be done. Or go work at Hooters.

Old 09-02-2018, 12:06 PM

10,905 posts, read 7,393,957 times
Clearly the employer needs to have a clear gender-neutral dress code. Something like, "nipples must not show through shirt." And then enforce it equally.

For those sneering at feminism, you must not realize how much has improved for women through activism. Improved pay and working conditions affect all women, including your female relatives. And equal treatment is the right thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment