Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 05:51 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,063,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeadviser View Post

I'm not a homosexual.

Does the film industry require that policemen portray policemen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2018, 06:08 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,890,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
Does the film industry require that policemen portray policemen?
Huge difference pretending to be an authority figure vs pretending you enjoy taking it up the buttcheeks

Old 09-16-2018, 07:24 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,487,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeadviser View Post
Guys, I Cant get a job for nothing in the world.I've had interviews but each time they say the're going to call me back, they never do. What gives? There is no reason to go on in life if you are poor. Its times like these to were I wish I was a female so I can make adult vids.
Yes, it is tough. What type of feedback are you getting back during the interview? It is seasonal employment time. Something is better than nothing. Keep looking while working a flexible shift.

It is not a great time to be looking. They usually hire in September. I read January is the #1 time to hire. September is second.

I learned during my search employers are not interested in training.

Good luck!

Old 09-16-2018, 07:27 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,063,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Huge difference pretending to be an authority figure vs pretending you enjoy taking it up the buttcheeks
I was reading an article on going to the LeMans race in France and they included several photographs of cars spotted during the trip. One of them had a sticker that said, “I’m not gay but £30 is £30”. I laughed.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:30 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,142,898 times
If things are getting that bad, leaving NYC might be a wise choice if you can return home and have some support there. The job market is still tough here due to huge competition. It took me a YEAR to find a new job, despite being employed for 20 years with no gaps even. It is no secret its incredibly expensive to live here as well.

Other options may be looking in fast food and retail if you are determined to stay, while looking or training for something better. Hope it all works out for you.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:46 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Day Labor should be a staple, as $10 will not last long at all.

Old 09-16-2018, 08:51 PM

82 posts, read 63,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
If things are getting that bad, leaving NYC might be a wise choice if you can return home and have some support there. The job market is still tough here due to huge competition. It took me a YEAR to find a new job, despite being employed for 20 years with no gaps even. It is no secret its incredibly expensive to live here as well.

Other options may be looking in fast food and retail if you are determined to stay, while looking or training for something better. Hope it all works out for you.
I Have left NYC. I Hated so I Left

Old 09-16-2018, 08:53 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,254,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
No, but I've learned to check the post history when people come with doomsday posts...

Are you trolling, if so why? There are people legitimately in this situation. It's not fair to them.

Don't do this.
Exactly.

This is the third try at this thread for the OP. (Remember telling people you'd sleep in your car to live in NYC?) And you were going to be a life "adviser" (advisor) because you made so many mistakes in life?

There was one before that one too. Time to saddle up & straighten out already. Take ANY job.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:35 PM

82 posts, read 63,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Exactly.

This is the third try at this thread for the OP. (Remember telling people you'd sleep in your car to live in NYC?) And you were going to be a life "adviser" (advisor) because you made so many mistakes in life?

There was one before that one too. Time to saddle up & straighten out already. Take ANY job.
Yep, you're stalking me. My question was about the job market. Why does it sucks? Why am I not being called back for very basic jobs? I Know I've made threads before. This is not about NYC. I'm passed that now. So cut me some slack yeah?

Old 09-17-2018, 04:45 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,347,532 times
How would we know why you're not being called back?

My guess is too many applicants, too few jobs.

If you're needing money sign up with temp services and labor pools.

Meanwhile, clean houses, run errands, deliver pizzas, walk dogs, cut grass.

(btw some of your posts show poor basic literacy skills)

Last edited by applej3; 09-17-2018 at 05:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment