Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 12:40 PM

79 posts, read 41,919 times

Advertisements

Posting for FYI purposes....

Sent an email asking why I wasn't in Area of Consideration(AOC) to federal agency HR....

"Ineligible - AOC - You are not within the area of consideration as listed in the “Who May Apply” section of the vacancy announcement. Therefore, you will not be referred to the Hiring Official."

Here is there response...

"You did send in all of your documents and your veteran's status was acknowledged. However, part of being eligible under VEOA is having a quality score on the questions you answered about the duties of the position. You did not meet that requirement which is why you were not referred. Your score was below the quality score.

I encourage you to keep trying."

I hadn't expanded my thinking on AOC to questions on the position, and I should have........

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-18-2018 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Merged two threads on same topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 03:24 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,898,396 times
Too much trouble for too little gain. Does the position even offer a pension?

Old 10-09-2018, 03:26 PM

2,916 posts, read 1,519,057 times
Keep trying - you'll get it next time.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:41 PM

10,621 posts, read 12,158,307 times
Wow. You got a response?!

After getting a non referred notice, I tried to reach the name on an announcement 3 times last month, September. Two phone calls (the voicemail had her voice and name on it so I know I reach the right number) -- and one email.
Her automated out of office response said, I'll be back in the office on MAY 10, 2011. (emphasis is mine)
I never heard from her.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:49 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,558,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Her automated out of office response said, I'll be back in the office on MAY 10, 2011. (emphasis is mine)
I never heard from her.
You got the response in 2011... We got this nifty thing called a time machine these days, let's you response before you expected it. It is next level ghosting technique because normal ghosting doesn't cut it anymore

Old 10-09-2018, 04:54 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,998,550 times
Theres a better chance of winning the Powerball these days than getting in the Fed it seems like. Never seen such petty crap pulled. You can be a veteran, meet the minimum requirements, have the education, the experience, and nothing but radio silence. Or get an email saying you were referred to hiring manager or that you are eligible and then still radio silence.

They say competition is stiff. Maybe in some areas that is true of course but not in the area of the country Im in. Where graduating high school while not getting knocked up is an accomplishment. Nevermind having experience, college degree, and Veteran status.

Federal jobs were never so highly coveted until now because job security is NON-EXISTENT in the private sector anymore. Ive had NO pleasant experience whatsoever applying to that nonsense either over the last 3 years. The hiring system is in shambles in the public sector.

Last edited by DorianRo; 10-09-2018 at 05:05 PM..

Old 10-09-2018, 05:06 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,998,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Wow. You got a response?!

After getting a non referred notice, I tried to reach the name on an announcement 3 times last month, September. Two phone calls (the voicemail had her voice and name on it so I know I reach the right number) -- and one email.
I never heard from her.

Sounds about right. Makes you wonder how this country is even still functioning.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:25 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,530,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckem View Post
Posting for FYI purposes....

Sent an email asking why I wasn't in Area of Consideration(AOC) to federal agency HR....

"Ineligible - AOC - You are not within the area of consideration as listed in the “Who May Apply” section of the vacancy announcement. Therefore, you will not be referred to the Hiring Official."

Here is there response...

"You did send in all of your documents and your veteran's status was acknowledged. However, part of being eligible under VEOA is having a quality score on the questions you answered about the duties of the position. You did not meet that requirement which is why you were not referred. Your score was below the quality score.

I encourage you to keep trying."

I hadn't expanded my thinking on AOC to questions on the position, and I should have........
You didn't try your best on the questions??

Old 10-09-2018, 05:41 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,558,559 times
He might have thought area meant physical location and not subject knowledge?

Old 10-10-2018, 05:41 AM

79 posts, read 41,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
You didn't try your best on the questions??
The questions asked me to rate myself according to job responsibilities in the questions based on my education and experience...I answered the questions, they weren't competition questions where you try to do your best, they were informational questions where I rated myself....I was qualifying on education.....undergrad and graduate degrees....so the answers to the questions lacked directly rated experience.....

The way I saw the job posting was that I could qualify based on the education even without that direct experience..they rated the applicants applying direct experience, which isn't really a surprise....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment