Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 07:44 AM

602 posts, read 504,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Just you wait until the low fertility rate around the world catches up with corporations, then it will all resemble Japan where there's 1.2 applicants per job. And then:

If you have a prison record, no problem!
if you tend to sleep on the job occasionally, no problem!
if you fail to come to work one day and you didn't call in, no problem!

We're desperate, we need help, we need help, we need help!!! Yes, you can even bring your pet to work with you!
The applications-per-opening ratio has dropped recently for a similar reason (namely the baby boomers retiring).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 09:34 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
I will be old or gone before that happens so I am going to choose to work against the system today.
Ha ha. How are you working against the system? Starting angry CD threads doesn't count.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:48 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,223,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
Apparently more and more people will be freelancing https://www.forbes.com/sites/elainep.../#36dc96ce3f82
They'll be freelancing - not by choice, due to the decreasing numbers of full time employee jobs.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Just you wait until the low fertility rate around the world catches up with corporations, then it will all resemble Japan where there's 1.2 applicants per job. And then:

If you have a prison record, no problem!
if you tend to sleep on the job occasionally, no problem!
if you fail to come to work one day and you didn't call in, no problem!

We're desperate, we need help, we need help, we need help!!! Yes, you can even bring your pet to work with you!
Actually what happens is that they work existing employees to death. Kiroshi is a common problem. They will still refuse to hire new people.

Then look up hikikimori. Many NEETs give up on trying to find jobs (due to the bad job market) and go this route.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:26 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Ha ha. How are you working against the system? Starting angry CD threads doesn't count.
No it doesnt ....... i am on here for entertainment and every now and again an actual piece of useful information is posted.

Without getting myself on a watch list this is one of my inspirations - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_gun

Old 11-24-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
No it doesnt ....... i am on here for entertainment and every now and again an actual piece of useful information is posted.

Without getting myself on a watch list this is one of my inspirations - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_gun
You plan on being a mass shooter? And that will cause change how?

Old 11-24-2018, 04:55 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullin2 View Post
Because now it is extremely difficult and legally risky to fire someone. In the "past" to which you refer, the boss or foreman could simply get rid of a problem employee with few repercussions.
I disagree. We've all seen what happens to a few here by way of PIP's and the results. No, it's easy to fire, they just have to cover a few extra bases. Govt also, same thing, they can fire, just have to document it.

I'd pass on your version of utopia. Cause we're back to playing favorites.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:06 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
You plan on being a mass shooter? And that will cause change how?
Inventing weapons that change the game. Thats what you got from that link?

Old 11-25-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Inventing weapons that change the game. Thats what you got from that link?
Well, you can tell who on this forum believes in employer impeccability. "All employers are 100% right, and never do anything wrong! You job candidates are 100% wrong because you don't take responsibility for your own actions!" (meanwhile they don't use that standard against the employers) Double standard.

So I'm not surprised that was misinterpreted. Oh yeah, people do mass shooting with 100 year old weapons that are unwieldy and huge.

Old 11-25-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post
Well, you can tell who on this forum believes in employer impeccability. "All employers are 100% right, and never do anything wrong!
I love this twisted perspective. Truth is, I understand that employers aren't sh*t. Because I know this, I don't have anything to fight. Why get angry at reality? It is what it is. I go in, make my money and go home. It's not worth my time or mental/emotional energy to engage in a daily barrage of complaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment