Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 04:54 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,924,987 times

Advertisements

High turn over is often by design, especially in low wage work like fast food or retail. It keeps wages low and benefits non-existent.

The only time a company will want to retain someone is in highly specialized areas where there are few people capable of doing the work. If it's typical rank-and-file work where any warm body will suffice they do not care much about turnover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 04:26 PM

134 posts, read 103,181 times
My supervisor just lost the 12th employee. Our team only made up of of 6-7 people. My supervisor has lost these employees in approx 3-4 yrs timeframe. Only one has left non-disgruntled or own their own terms or with no ill will toward said supervisor or company.

My supervisor sucks, plain and simple, as does the supervisor above Neither have much oversight on their daily activities and both continue to pulled the “wool” over the upper management’s eyes for so long. (We believe it’s that as these people at the very top can’t truly be this naive and stupid, can they?)

Acoording to my supervisor and the super above, It’s always an outside factor causing employees to leave, or they weren’t the right fit” or weren’t dedicated, etc. Hm...... ...none of my supervisors peers have this problem with their teams, only my supervisor. I firmly believe the adage people leave bad managers, not companies. I am currently the senior person with less than 3 yrs. I’m feel so desperate to get out

Old 12-02-2018, 04:35 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubydoodoo View Post
My supervisor just lost the 12th employee. Our team only made up of of 6-7 people. My supervisor has lost these employees in approx 3-4 yrs timeframe. Only one has left non-disgruntled or own their own terms or with no ill will toward said supervisor or company.

My supervisor sucks, plain and simple, as does the supervisor above Neither have much oversight on their daily activities and both continue to pulled the “wool” over the upper management’s eyes for so long. (We believe it’s that as these people at the very top can’t truly be this naive and stupid, can they?)

Acoording to my supervisor and the super above, It’s always an outside factor causing employees to leave, or they weren’t the right fit” or weren’t dedicated, etc. Hm...... ...none of my supervisors peers have this problem with their teams, only my supervisor. I firmly believe the adage people leave bad managers, not companies. I am currently the senior person with less than 3 yrs. I’m feel so desperate to get out

Its all too common these days. The blame lies on upper management. The fact they are doing nothing about it or looking into why there is such a high turnover under this supervisor is inexcusable. Its unbelievable how long companies will sit there and let hords of people walk out and cause costly turnover issues (along with talent and experience gone) while not figuring out WHY its happening for years.

How do you let things go on like this for 3-4 years and do nothing about it?

Old 12-07-2018, 03:37 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,793 times
High turnover is never good. As a manager, you constantly have to train a new person, which gets frustrating because you have to suffer trough the new person not knowing anything until they get used to it, which is frustrating. They ask you a million questions, you constantly have to check on their work to make sure it's done correctly, and you can't get your own work done because you have to train them. I've only had to train 1 person so far and I already hate it. Seriously, I wish people were born knowing how to do this job when they show up. Ha ha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment