Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2019, 11:30 AM

2,122 posts, read 1,331,250 times

Advertisements

The Pig and the Horse

There was a farmer who collected horses; he only needed one more breed to complete his collection.

One day, he found out that his neighbor had the particular horse breed he needed. So, he constantly bothered his neighbor until he sold it to him.

A month later, the horse became ill and he called the veterinarian, who said: “Well, your horse has a virus. He must take this medicine for three days. I'll come back on the 3rd day and if he's not better, we're going to have to put him down.”

Nearby, the pig listened closely to their conversation. The next day, they gave him the medicine and left. The pig approached the horse and said: “Be strong, my friend. Get up or else they're going to put you to sleep!”

On the second day, they gave him the medicine and left. The pig came back and said: “Come on buddy, get up or else you're going to die! Come on, I'll help you get up. Let's go! One, two, three...”

On the third day, they came to give him the medicine and the vet said: “Unfortunately, we're going to have to put him down tomorrow. Otherwise, the virus might spread and infect the other horses.”

After they left, the pig approached the horse and said: “Listen pal, it's now or never! Get up, come on! Have courage! Come on! Get up! Get up! That's it, slowly! Great! Come on, one, two, three... Good, good. Now faster, come on.... Fantastic! Run, run more! Yes! Yay! Yes! You did it, you're a champion!!!”

All of a sudden, the owner came back, saw the horse running in the field and began shouting: “It's a miracle! My horse is cured. This deserves a party. Let's kill the pig!”

Points for reflection: This often happens in the workplace. Nobody truly knows which employee actually deserves the merit of success, or who's actually contributing the necessary support to make things happen.

LEARNING TO LIVE WITHOUT RECOGNITION IS A SKILL!

DON’T LOOK TO BECOME A PERSON OF SUCCESS, LOOK INSTEAD TO BECOME A PERSON OF VALUE!

WHAT GOOD IS SAVING OTHERS AND LOSING YOUR OWN SOUL IN THE PROCESS?

Many might have known this story (on the internet). Many might have not. Just wanted to share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 06:15 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,903,838 times
Lol

One other perspective is that pigs are killed daily because we all want bacon for breakfast. Don't be the piggie...

Old 04-06-2019, 06:22 PM

11,156 posts, read 7,218,422 times
That's a rather sick tale. The poor pig - who helped - got the axe, while the lazy hopeless horse lived. Awfully backwards as to effort and fair reward.

The lesson is more like: If you encourage others, you'll get screwed. If you coast, you can be rewarded.

I'll skip out on retaining that particular fable...

Old 04-06-2019, 07:17 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,331,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Lol

One other perspective is that pigs are killed daily because we all want bacon for breakfast. Don't be the piggie...
Yeah, I really LOL at the end of the story. I feel laughing all the times when think about that story. Sad and funny. Or it can be called sick as someone said. That's life, eh?

Old 04-06-2019, 10:09 PM

283 posts, read 199,211 times
I really enjoy the fable. LOL. From now on I'm going to be a narcissist. Actually, I only help my colleagues if the bosses can see it. So far, it works for me.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:46 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,808,939 times
What with the cutthroat work and search for promotions, I kind of doubt any pig will be encouraging others to strive and instead, watch in glee as their competition goes down in flames.

After all, we should encourage ourselves to be great first, and lead by example to others.

Old 04-07-2019, 10:10 AM

283 posts, read 199,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
What with the cutthroat work and search for promotions, I kind of doubt any pig will be encouraging others to strive and instead, watch in glee as their competition goes down in flames.

After all, we should encourage ourselves to be great first, and lead by example to others.
I agree with you. In order to survive the competitive and hostile workplace, we must keep our human dark side for self-preservation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment