Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Wendy's is "Doing the right Thing"?
Yes -- Smart move 11 28.95%
No -- Good luck suckers 17 44.74%
Don't care -- I'm to good to work in Fast Food 6 15.79%
On the Fence --Not sure could go either way 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 07:04 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,772,155 times

Advertisements

So at Wendys it's the employees that get the old "In-N-Out".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 08:23 AM

485 posts, read 1,840,866 times
I would suspect that the employees at Wendy's are either illegal aliens or kids who are working in their first job. Turnover is incredible as they get busted or some experience so they can move to a $8.00 an hour job.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:30 PM

7 posts, read 32,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
I would suspect that the employees at Wendy's are either illegal aliens or kids who are working in their first job. Turnover is incredible as they get busted or some experience so they can move to a $8.00 an hour job.

I am very interested in why you would think that? I am very disatisfied with the Director for the Area but I know for a fact that we do not employ illegal aliens. I have worked for the company for 15 years and yes we do employ high school kids but also many other age groups. I am very proud of my store and the people that work for me. I treat them well, with respect and take care of them. As far as turn over, you might want to know that Wendy's has a much lower turn over than the Industry average (other QSR's).

An additional comment on the Illegal alien 'card'. The majority of the abuse of the illegals are your businesses that can pay cash for services, (Lawn Care, fishing, very small businesses). For large corporations to try and purposely hire them would take a lot more effort than it would be worth.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:25 PM

983 posts, read 4,443,651 times
Govt of California just lowered state workers to minimum wage also. It's to be expected in this economy. Wendy's is just trying to stay afloat! Heck my job (City Govt) was talking layoffs and we have been doing voluntary furloughs for a while now.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:53 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,241,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I am of the belief that minimum wage will get you minimum effort, loyalty, skill, motivation, intellect, etc.
I tend to agree here. My first job was bussing tables at a Pizza joint when I was 15 & it paid minimum wage. That's about all you can get at 15 though. Anyway, the older people there that were late teens and early 20's were mostly slackers who didn't do much, and a lot of them would go out back & smoke pot during break.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:32 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,772,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
I tend to agree here. My first job was bussing tables at a Pizza joint when I was 15 & it paid minimum wage. That's about all you can get at 15 though. Anyway, the older people there that were late teens and early 20's were mostly slackers who didn't do much, and a lot of them would go out back & smoke pot during break.

A conservative is a guy who says YOU get what you paid for but thinks HE should get more than he paid for.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:22 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,092,085 times
I can also vouch for the fact that Wendy's does not hire illegal aliens. They never have and never will, and were demanding that all workers have proper documentation WAY before the "undocumented worker" thing got out of hand. It's one of Dave Thomas' legacies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment