Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2008, 10:28 AM

2,743 posts, read 14,294,082 times

Advertisements

I'm so wary of scams that I am afraid I'll start being paranoid and will blow off legit jobs. This link was in a job ad I saw on Craigslist. It just seems "off" to me, the whole website... for example, I can't find their location anywhere, and there are misspellings galore (I guess THAT in itself isn't odd these days, lol).. they say they will only consider applications submitted via their online form. I haven't called the 800 number yet.. guess that's next.

What's also weird to me is that they're offering a rate of pay quite a bit higher than the usual for this type of job in this area. OTOH if it's legit it sounds decent and I would want to apply.

Just curious as to what others think:

Comfort Plus Care

Here's the original ad:

Caregivers & Companions Needed - No Experience Required (http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/hea/885011874.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 11:28 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,849,310 times
Have you contacted any of the Long Term Care facilities or Hospice companies in the same area? If they really are "established and has a great reputation" like they say, those places should be able to give you better piece of mind on contacting the company. If they haven't heard of the company, then stay away.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Have you contacted any of the Long Term Care facilities or Hospice companies in the same area? If they really are "established and has a great reputation" like they say, those places should be able to give you better piece of mind on contacting the company. If they haven't heard of the company, then stay away.
Good idea, thanks.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:49 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,724,336 times
They were pretty easy to google.

I believe you're in San Antonio? Comfort Plus Care local address:
6323 Sovereign St # 171
San Antonio, TX 78229
(210)341-4300

The pay they're offering, $9.50 an hour to start, is really low. Those are immigrant wages here. And here, the workforce in retirement homes here is largely immigrants.

They seem like a legit enough company.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:23 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,094 times
That's what all of the caregiver positions start you at. About 9-10 an hour and no benefits. So, you figure, after taxes and paying your own benefits, you are making about $5.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
They were pretty easy to google.

I believe you're in San Antonio? Comfort Plus Care local address:
6323 Sovereign St # 171
San Antonio, TX 78229
(210)341-4300

The pay they're offering, $9.50 an hour to start, is really low. Those are immigrant wages here. And here, the workforce in retirement homes here is largely immigrants.

They seem like a legit enough company.
Thanks for finding the info... I guess their website is just sloppy. That pay here is actually good for not requiring you to be a CNA... CNA's make $9 or $10 an hour. Simple "caregivers" are more likely to make $7 or $8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
That's what all of the caregiver positions start you at. About 9-10 an hour and no benefits. So, you figure, after taxes and paying your own benefits, you are making about $5.
LOL, um, yeah... thanks. It's about what I can max out on pay-wise until I am out of school so it is what it is. I make about that doing clerical work, I was just looking for something with more flexibility and more personal reward (vs. filing). Benefits? What are those?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment