Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:08 PM

359 posts, read 1,197,661 times

Advertisements

I put in an application for a job at a local school district a month ago. Every week I would make a personal visit to the district office wearing professional clothing only to find out that the site supervisor never picked up the application. That is until my personal visit just a couple of weeks ago, the HR employee told me that I am qualified for the position and the site supervisor was suppose to call me within a week. Welp, 2 weeks went by, no call. So I called the HR department, and they told me that my app was still under review. Wow, it takes this long for a review? well, I hope to get word here very soon, but to all job seekers out there, I wish you all good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 10:02 PM

470 posts, read 1,162,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetucson View Post
I put in an application for a job at a local school district a month ago. Every week I would make a personal visit to the district office wearing professional clothing only to find out that the site supervisor never picked up the application. That is until my personal visit just a couple of weeks ago, the HR employee told me that I am qualified for the position and the site supervisor was suppose to call me within a week. Welp, 2 weeks went by, no call. So I called the HR department, and they told me that my app was still under review. Wow, it takes this long for a review? well, I hope to get word here very soon, but to all job seekers out there, I wish you all good luck.
As a recent college grad and my first time looking for a professional job I have come to realize a lot of companies are like this too .

As for me I have a second all day interview for an assistant national bank examiner position with an agency that's under the department of treasury (Career Exploration Day as the email put it).

I’m kind of worried since this is the first time I am ever doing this but it shouldn't be too bad because at the very least I get to visit Dallas for free since they are footing the bill loll.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:00 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetucson View Post
Good luck getting into a school...I mean, it seems like everyone WANTS a job at a school (must be the M-F schedule). They advertise like mad and still you get the old runaround....

Old 11-20-2008, 08:56 AM

24 posts, read 51,997 times
I'm in the same boat as you are Gypsy. I graduated in August with a 4 year marketing degree and have great work experience compared to most entry level applicants. A typical week is 0 calls 0 interviews and I apply on average to 10 per day. I've had some interviews and calls but nothing has worked out in my favor thus far. I know everybody says to keep your head up, but sometimes i get so frustrated that i have to physically leave the house before I explode...lol.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:43 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougotfitched View Post
I'm in the same boat as you are Gypsy. I graduated in August with a 4 year marketing degree and have great work experience compared to most entry level applicants. A typical week is 0 calls 0 interviews and I apply on average to 10 per day. I've had some interviews and calls but nothing has worked out in my favor thus far. I know everybody says to keep your head up, but sometimes i get so frustrated that i have to physically leave the house before I explode...lol.
Yeah, I know. I cry a lot.
We're happy to have each other (my husband and son and I) but we also live 300 miles from family.
It's just a sad time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment